Spaghetti Bolognese - Low Cal?

I've always done slimming world in the past bit wanted a bit more freedom with CC but I'm used to being able to eat loads of pasta and I miss it!

Do any of you lovely people out there have a low Cal Spaghetti Bolognese recipe to cure my craving

Thank you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a look around ready made ones like weight watchers and that but b careful I found a Bisto cottage pie with less calories than the ww one and was cheaper and probably tastier too! Got that for my dinner tonight x

I've worked out the calories of the bolognese I used to make on SW and it works out at about 716 cal for the whole batch, and it's quite a large amount. So 1/3 of that and say 100g wholewheat spaghetti would be only 386 cal.

Ingredients:

400g extra lean beef mince: 488
200g frozen diced onions: 38
1 pepper: 30
1 500g tub passata: 125
spag bol oxo cube: 22
Beef oxo cube: 13

1. Dry fry the mince and drain off any extra fat
2. Add the finely chopped veg and cook until beginning to soften
3. Add the passata and crumble in the oxo cubes
4. simmer until the sauce has thickened and the veg is cooked through.

I sometimes add more veg like courgettes/mushrooms to bulk it out and sometimes add a tbsp of tomato puree, but you could add as much veg as you like for only a few more calories.

That sounds really tasty thank you and worth the calories :) I'm making chicken curry tonight which is yum! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I boil my mince for spag bol and chilli etc and it tastes really good. All the fats sucked out too.

Back