• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sparkling Water and Mackie's news

Elaine, she said we were allowed a small glass of either sparkling or soda water per day. But best to avoid. I've just been on the lipotrim website, but can't find anything. I'll give them a bell in the morning & find out for definite. Fingers crossed!

Great thanks for the link information. I buy Tesco's sparkling water, 2 litres for 20p (in a green bottle). When I carry in my bottle every day the receptionist always asks me if I am thirsty, haven't had the courage to tell anyone on a diet yet! Sleep well folks, Elaine.

Do you find sparkling water more filling instead of the bog standard tap stuff? xxx

The Lipotrim carrier bags actually state that you can have "bottled water either carbonated or still" so I think Mackie's pharmacist needs a slap lol!

Hiya girls,
Just a word of caution on the whole bottled water thing.... please be aware that SOME bottled waters, both STILL and CARBONATED have SODIUM (salt) in quite high quantities. I have to watch my salt intake so thought it a good bit of advice if anyone else does to mention this, as you don`t expect to find salt in bottled water do you!! Shop around and read the labels... don`t always pick up the cheapest as these seem to have the higher salt content!! :eek:
L xx

Hiya girls,
Just a word of caution on the whole bottled water thing.... please be aware that SOME bottled waters, both STILL and CARBONATED have SODIUM (salt) in quite high quantities. I have to watch my salt intake so thought it a good bit of advice if anyone else does to mention this, as you don`t expect to find salt in bottled water do you!! Shop around and read the labels... don`t always pick up the cheapest as these seem to have the higher salt content!! :eek:
L xx
God bless my sodastream!!!!:8855:

Hiya, sorry it's taken me so long to get back.. I've just spoken to Lipotrim & they say that my pharmacist is wrong, we aren't supposed to restrict ourselves to a small glass a day, BUT we are supposed to drink in moderation. She said one or two glasses a day is fine, but the rest of our water intake should be plain water. I think for those people who've been drinking sparkling & it had no affect on their ketones then carry on... Ive stuck to plain water this week, so that I can see whether it was that which is affecting my weight loss. I'm all for giving my chemist a slap though... Let you know how she takes it after my weigh in on Tuesday ;)

Looking forward to hearing about the slapping action!