Speed soup - does it really work?

pamsie

Hello all,

I joined SW last week and after having been on the EE plan for 5 days, I had my weekly weigh-in and only lost 0.5lb. :cry:
As far as I can tell, I have been on the plan 100%. However, I am hoping for a reasonable loss this week before I give up altogether. :rolleyes:

Anyway, someone in group mentioned the speed soup. I've found the recipe on this forum and I am planning to make some this evening.

However, I am after some feedback on whether it really works as the ingredients don't come cheap. Also, how often are you supposed to have the soup for it to make a difference?

Thanks.

pamsie said:
Hello all,

I joined SW last week and after having been on the EE plan for 5 days, I had my weekly weigh-in and only lost 0.5lb. :cry:
As far as I can tell, I have been on the plan 100%. However, I am hoping for a reasonable loss this week before I give up altogether. :rolleyes:

Anyway, someone in group mentioned the speed soup. I've found the recipe on this forum and I am planning to make some this evening.

However, I am after some feedback on whether it really works as the ingredients don't come cheap. Also, how often are you supposed to have the soup for it to make a difference?

Thanks.

Don't be downhearted if you're being 100% it will come off , bodies are funny things and they all behave differently !
I've not made the soup myself but it's delicious by all accounts !
Just keep on doing what your doing , variety will help of course and keep you interested .

If I were you, I would stick to plan for a few weeks before trying anything. There are lots of things that can have a negative affect on your losses- star week, irregular bowel movements (a common one), water retention, exercise etc...

The first time I started SW, I lost 5lb in my first week then put 2lb on in week 2! Then lost another 5 then put on another 3! It's different for everyone. So stick to plan then see where it takes you.

In regards to SS soup, it does make a difference but you'd have to be awfully committed to get it down 2 or 3 times a day. I'd be gagging my day 2!

Personally I think it is foul but a lot of people like it. Does it work? No more than making an effort to increase the speed and superspeed foods you eat would. It doesn't have to be in the form of a soup. And after all aren't we all about having variety and a healthy balanced diet? I think it's better to have them across several meals rather than have to glug the same soup day in day out. Just my opinion :)

I find it tastes ok, its nothing amazing but if I have it for lunch 2 days in a row I get really bad trapped wind & stomach cramps (sorry if that was too much info
lol) x

I find it tastes ok, its nothing amazing but if I have it for lunch 2 days in a row I get really bad trapped wind & stomach cramps (sorry if that was too much info
lol) x

Actually, this is worries me too. :D It's bad enough already what with the extra fruits and veg. that I am having.

So, I shall try to up the amount of superfree food and go from there. I didn't really fancy soup with baked beans tbh. :p

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Or try a fish week!!

I did a speed soup week and it wasn't particularly effective tbh - not more so than usual weeks anyway. Re your small loss in the first week, I only lost 1lb in my first ever week on SW. I was then Slimmer of the Week in the second week with 4lbs off (and no speed soup!)

I'm not sure it makes that much difference...but it depends what else you are eating alongside it. Although I feel good with myself for having it :)

I make superspeedy soup a couple of times a week to take to work which I then warm up at lunchtime (or in a flask). I don't really buy superfree speedy food just for the soup and don't particularly follow any recipe...I just buy all my veg ready for the week for evening meals, and then anything I have left over towards the end of the week just gets chucked in a pan, boiled with a stock cube and blitzed!! Anything goes and no logic with it! I also tend to just buy veg that is in season or on offer cos it's cheaper! The soups I make never look particularly appetising, but I know it's healthy and sometimes they actually taste pretty good! :)

So, I shall try to up the amount of superfree food and go from there. I didn't really fancy soup with baked beans tbh. :p

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

By the time you blend the recipe to make it more like soup you can't even see what's in it & can't taste specific ingredients. I made it 2 weeks ago, I'm fussy about veg & I thought it was lovely & a bowl really filled me up.

I really liked the soup, but if I'm honest it didn't really have an effect on my weight loss and I was having it 1-2 times a day.
The up side it was really filling so I didn't find myself snacking!

I love it but it didn't make any difference to my loss. I have been constipated and my C said it can have the effect of making it worse as it is quite carby.
Can I ask please..... What is a fish week?

i remember when i first did this diet along time ago (10 years +) i didnt loose anything for 3 weeks, i dont know how i kept the motivation, but after that i lost approx 2lb a week, it takes your body a while to adjust to your new diet, bear with it i promise it does work, this time round i have lost half a stone in 3 weeks and im very happy with that, i dont think you need to start panicing yet and living off of soup, just stick to the plan it will work xx

Fruitybabe said:
I love it but it didn't make any difference to my loss. I have been constipated and my C said it can have the effect of making it worse as it is quite carby.
Can I ask please..... What is a fish week?

Literally just a week of eating fish for your meals. Well, lunch and dinner, I don't see how you could manage it everyday for breakfast. If you search for "my fishy week" there is the original thread about it, sorry I can't post the link i'm on my phone :(

Yes hun, if you search for the aforementioned thread the Mini in question lost 8lb on her fishy week after several weeks of sts nearing target....i'm doing one this week so i'll let you know how it goes xx

Well jez I have been reading through that thread and it sounds like just what I need. I am going to try a fishy week this week and see how I go as I have only lost 1/2 lb in 2 weeks need something to shake it up who knows it might work for me too :)

Back