speeding up weight loss

ickleLB

So these slow weight losses are driving me crazy, am to the point where I dont want any syns but know that wont necessarily help, I want to exercise (not really doing much yet) but am too scared it will slow down these losses even more.
Am just so frustrated anyone got any tips x

Looking at what you have lost each week I wouldnt call that slow 7.5 pound in 7 week is great! Its the recommended amount your meant to lose each week and have you been 100% every week?

The average weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. Depending on how much you have to loose and well how your body, i suppose deals with food has a role too. Fill up on veggies and look at the superspeed fruits and i know a few here have fishy weeks. You could also try success express. Exercise is important as it helps your body change with the weight you are loosing, healthy eating and exercise are the way to a steady, maintainable weight loss! Good luck hope that helps

Firstly what to you is a slow loss? Everyone loses weight at different rates due to 101 reasons - not just the eating plan. It can be age, gender, genetics, medication, illness just to name a few. Remember it's not necessarily about the journey but a destination. As my consultant once said, weight loss is like a car journey - some people will bomb down the motorway without stopping, some will go slowly in the slow lane, some will take the country roads and if you are like me you'll be stopping at every service station for a can of sugary relentless and a pasty!

Secondly don't put yourself down, it's always hard for us to see the positive in life especially when we want something so badly, but don't forget you are already half a stone lighter - that is not to be sniffed at!

Anyways I said a similar thing in another thread so I shall repeat it here.

From a scientific point of view (not officially, just my understanding of science)
- if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight;
- if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight and;
- if you consume the same number of calories than you burn you will stay the same.

If you think you are having slow losses then bare in mind you are burning more calories you are taking in and this is great! To average a pound a week you are burning 500 calories a day - that's fantastic.

To increase this you will have to burn more than you consume and there is only two ways round this: consume less calories or burn more! (Interestingly you burn less calories the less you weigh so as you lose weight you need to eat less - less calories that is, not necessarily volume!) However it you get below a certain point your body will hold onto everything you give it!

A few things you can try: introduce more superfree foods, perhaps lower your syns by 2 or 3, but make sure you don't go below 5. Another idea might be to step up any exercise you do - if you don't exercise at all now would be a great time to start. Something simple like a walk round the block, do some star jumps in the adverts whilst watching TV, go swimming, ride a bike - anything to get moving. Exercise certainly won't slow down your weight loss at this stage unless you are hardly eating anything and exercise to excess.

Finally have a big drink of water before each meal, this will fill you up and you won't eat as much (thirst can sometimes be confused with hunger). Finally remember variety is the spice of life!

Do not reduce your syns too far, only you might find (depending how good your willpower is and how long it will last) that you start feel deprived and start resenting the plan.

What plan are you following and what are your typical eating habits? 3 meals and a few snacks? Skipping breakfast? Lots of eating throughout the day (that's me). Let us know and we can try to help a bit more.

Hope This Helps and Good Luck
Natt xx

ickleLB said:
So these slow weight losses are driving me crazy, am to the point where I dont want any syns but know that wont necessarily help, I want to exercise (not really doing much yet) but am too scared it will slow down these losses even more.
Am just so frustrated anyone got any tips x

Hi.in the teams section there is a Really slow loss team,have a look,you would be very welcome.

Do you eat many lemons? They boosted my loss last week.

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Awww thanks guys, i guess Im just frustrated, this is the longest I have stuck to a diet to be fair in a long long time so I guess I am doing quite well.
I have been 100% 98% of the time and I do have drinks on a saturday eve as a treat but I pull back on my syns through the week then to compensate ( dont always need them surprised myself yesterday didnt have any and that wasnt intentional)
Am heading back to the gym tonight figured if I dont see the weight on the scales my body may start losing inches

Thanks again everyone I will get there and I guess the saying goes - slow and steady wins the race :)
:whacky068: I will be in a size 10 by christmas :) Im still not sure how much weight I weant to lose to be honest but Im heading for maybe the 9 1/2 stone mark so that will be what 2 1/2 loss so 2 stone to go? :23:

Didnt think of lemons I will get some im going to turn into a strawberry or raspberry lol xx

Not everyone can get away with saving syns for the weekend, it they still lose but only small amounts. This may be something worth looking at if you want to give it a shake up? Try a fortnight of 5-15per day, use them or lose them and see if that helps x

Jenny809 said:
Do you eat many lemons? They boosted my loss last week.

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Wow, really? How do you have your lemons? That's a great loss x

Are you making sure you are having 1/3 of your plate superfree at each meal? That really helps. But definitely introduce some exercise too. I've recently upped my exercise and it's really having an impact on my losses and also my fitness levels. I don't go to the gym, I just make sure I do a fitness DVD 3-4 times a week.

I've been eating a bowl of mixed fruit for a starter as my meal is cooking and washing it down with a glass of water and have found I'm eating less of the actual meal. I'm also squeezing lemons in my water and have been trying to do at least 30 mins to an hour of either walking or jogging each day and I lost 7.5lb in my first week and 3lb this week so maybe try some long walks to start off with and drink plenty of water with lemon and see if that helps? You're doing really well though! :)

Back