Speedy store-cupboard soup!

parisienne

I thought I'd share the recipe for a soup I made last night; I wanted a soup but didn't have a great deal of stuff in to make anything in particular, so I cobbled together this soup instead. Turned out to be delicious, filling and really quick to make!!

2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
200g of frozen sweetcorn and peas, proportions of your choosing (I did 120g sweetcorn, 80g peas)
200g pasta shells (I used conchigle)
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1.2l beef stock (chicken or veg would work just as well I imagine)

Frylight a big pan and fry your carrots, celery and onions until they are nice and soft. Add your chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and pasta. Simmer. When the pasta is just about done to your liking, tip in the peas and sweetcorn and cook for another few minutes just to defrost the frozen veg and and heat it through.
Season with some salt and pepper and EAT!

This makes quite a lot of soup as the pasta bulks it out a lot, I'd say I'll probably get about 4-6 bowlsful out of this recipe. The stock I used was 2 of the little Knorr jelly pots, as a lot of the flavour depends on the stock I'd encourage you to use a good quality stock for the recipe.
Hope someone finds this useful if they're stuff for something to eat for tea!
It's free on EE, not sure about G/R as I'm not familiar with the plans, think free on Green but the pasta will rack up some Red syns?

Back