• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Spices & Herbs

I just checked on the Atkins website...

Phase 1 Acceptable Food - Atkins.com

There are a few common spices and herbs listed. I think something like curry powder and garam masala will have more 'substantial' carbs, just because they are a mixture of spices.

Sausages: I buy chipolatas. I just bought some from Asda, (extra special ones) they are something like 95% pork and I checked ingredients and there appears to be no added starch or sugar. But having said that I wouldn't stuff my face with them!! lol
I also have had the Tescos, extra special, chipolatas and they are similar.

SF jelly: I dont know, but I think I remember seeing them in the sticky above - So your thinking of starting Atkins. Worth checking out.

Its a really helpful thread and I'm always refering to it lol

Besides that, I'm pretty sure it will contain sweetner, and your only allowed a certain limit a day, 3 teaspoons/sachets a day (I think) and I read somewhere that a can of diet soda is 1.5 portions....so I dont know what SF jelly is (I'm not sure as I avoid sweetners altogther)

HTH Good Luck on Monday :))

Herbs and spices are more or less carb free. If you look at nutrition it normally says per 100g. But who would use that much. It nomally a tsp here and there, so I would say you are safe. However in "paste" form. be-where.
Sausages. Check the meat percentage. anything lower than about 90% will have more carbs. Go for "The Black Farmer" range, about 0.3carbs per 100g. Just read the nutrition labels.
Jelly-no idea don't eat it.

I have just purchased Jimmys Farm Free sausage, 0.3g per soss. Not tried them yet as getting all my food ready to start Monday! Quite excited really!!!!!!! x

Thanks Guys
Mrsdanielcraig - me to im excited to start on Monday. Im sure its gonna work. Everyone seems very positive on here. xx

NinjaPro

Aww good luck!

Is it your first induction?

I found it quite hard the few 4 days. Day 5 was sooo much better, and thats when the 1lbs started to come off. And day 6 (today) is even more so!

I think what helped me, is make sure you have some sort of potassium supplement. Because, the first few days, I took a multi-vitamin without it in. Then I swapped to a different brand, with a good amount of potassium in and I felt much better.

I dont know why, I think its something to do with electrolytes.

Good Luck :)

Java1975

Thanks Nija Pro, i will consider the supplement. I may be ok with the "atkins Flu" because im already in ketosits. I am on extante at mo so cant wait to start eating some food lol I havent has food for 4 weeks. Just trying not to get confused with the doos and donts but im sure the penny will drop soon xx

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
Hi Jane and good luck for Monday.

You can see a whole list of low carb sossies (and lots of other stuff) on the Low Carb Shopping sticky - check it out. I like the Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages, 0.2 carbs per sausage.

I use loads of herbs and curry powder and haven't had a problem.

I also like the sugar free jelly, which is fine for induction, pour cream over it and mmmmm :)

Why not start up your own thread in the Diary section and write down your menus, then we can have a look and give you some pointers?

Susie

Thanks Guys
Mrsdanielcraig - me to im excited to start on Monday. Im sure its gonna work. Everyone seems very positive on here. xx
I feel exactly the same, tomoro cant come quick enough!!!!! :sigh:
This site is fab, especially the atkins forum, more close knit than SW!
Good luck for tomoro, sexy bod here I come, woo hoo!!!!! :p
Adele x

Hi Jane and good luck for Monday.

You can see a whole list of low carb sossies (and lots of other stuff) on the Low Carb Shopping sticky - check it out. I like the Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages, 0.2 carbs per sausage.

I use loads of herbs and curry powder and haven't had a problem.

I also like the sugar free jelly, which is fine for induction, pour cream over it and mmmmm :)

Why not start up your own thread in the Diary section and write down your menus, then we can have a look and give you some pointers?

Susie
Sugar free jelly, really???????? :rolleyes:
Oooooh, yum!
Do you limit ur cream intake????
Adele x

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
Unfortunately cream stalls me so I don't have it very often.

It is limited on induction, check the book for the exact amount.

Yes, watch the cream - UP TO 3 tbsp per day on Induction so use it with caution. It is very more-ish.