• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Green Day Spicy Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hi,

I made this yesterday to take into work today, I made the recipe up as I went along but it is absolutely gorgeous (if a little spicy, so if you like less of a kick, use less chillies!)

1 large sweet potato
1 medium BNS
1 medium onion (I used Red Onion)
2 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped
2 teaspoons of chilli flakes (use less according to taste)
2 Vegetable Oxo cubes

Chop all veg up and place in a large saucepan, add chilli flakes and veg Oxo cubes cover with cold water, bring to the boil and then simmer until soft, once cooled blitz with a handblender.

My husband said its absolutely gorgeous (I agree) and he wants me to make it again soon!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

vikstar

Silver Member
Thanks so much for this recipe. I used 1tsp of the chilli flakes and it was still quite spicy - just right!

Thanks again x

Im going to try this recipe tonight! Love Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato!!! Not sure about the chilli flakes though as not a fan of spicy food! Sure my OH will want it in his though! x

love this, have made it 2 mornings in a row. I work at waitrose and its so easy to just buy a bag of the ready peeled and chopped bns and sweet potatoe, bung it in a pan with a chopped red onion and its done in 20 minutes!

Last edited:
love this, have made it 2 mornings in a row. I work at waitrose and its so easy to just buy a bag of the ready peeled and chopped bns and sweet potatoe, bung it in a pan with a chopped red onion and its done in 2 minutes!
I just love Waitrose - my favourite shop. I often get the butternut squash and sweet potato pack and just pop it into the oven to roast. But I will definitely try this soup (but without the chilli as I don't like things very hot - I will probably put some ginger in instead).

Thanks for the recipe - can't believe it is getting to winter soup time already!