Spicy stir fry with noodles - just like Singapore noodles from my chinese takeaway

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Lucky7, 12 April 2010.

1. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

This is my anti-takeaway recipe. Syn free, simple and delicious. I used to try mixing lots of different spices, and including the more 'chinese' mixed spices, but found out (accidentally) that the Cajun Spice Mix is the best by far. I enjoy this the next day too if there are any left-overs.

Makes plenty for 3 people (and extra generous for 2), or could serve more if serving with rice.

Whatever meat / fish you like - my favourite is either pork strips from Sainsbury (Healthy ones) or turkey strips
    1 large pack of stir fry veg (the value packs work just fine)
    2 blocks of fine egg noodles
    Garlic (1 clove)
    Level tablespoon Cajun spice
    Salt / Pepper to taste
    Dark soya sauce (I use about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
    Oxo stock cube (choose flavour depending on what meat you used - I think beef is best though)

1) Stirfry the meat in frylight

2) Start the noodles simmering (after 4 mins takes out and drain)

3) Add the veg, spices, garlic and soya sauce, and sprinkle on stock cube.

4) Add the noodles once they're drained.

5) Stirfry for another minute or so, until the noodles are nicely mixed in.
  2. louisedan

louisedan Well-Known Member

sounds lovely will give it a go
  3. gonnabesmall

gonnabesmall is doin this

wow have just had this for my tea and i really enjoyed it,even the oh said how nice it was.definatley be on the menu again
  4. peagirl989

peagirl989 Well-Known Member

Am going to try this in the week! Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks xx
  5. Lisamc86

Lisamc86 Well-Known Member

I have just made this tonite and it was delicious... Def my new fav alternative to Chinese xx