1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Ninja, 31 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Here's the spicy pumpkin soup as requested. I made this yesterday and it's so easy to make. I'm not sure what the syns are though. The whole can of coconut milk is 20.5 syns and 1 tbsp of Thai curry paste is 1 and I would say that this recipe makes about 6 bowls of soup, so 4 syns I guess per bowl. If anyone can work it out better than me be my guest as I'm not very good at it....lol.

Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup

1 Kg pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled , de-seeded and cut into 1cm cubes.
    Frylight or 1 tbsp veg oil ( I use frylight)
    2 onions chopped
    2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
    4 tsp red Thai curry paste ( I've used Barts and Tesco Barts is better )
    450ml veg or chicken stock
    400ml light coconut milk (Blue dragon make it)
    small bunch of chopped coriander

METHOD

1) preheat oven to 180*c or gas 4 .Place pumpkin or butternut squash on a non stick baking tray and season , Roast for 30mins or until tender.

2) Meanwhile, heat the pan add onions and ginger spray with frylight , saute for 10 mins until soft , stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 to 2 mins , then add the pumpkin, stock and coconut milk. cover and bring to the boil , then allow to cool slightly.

3) Purée the soup in a food processor or hand blender in batches until smooth. Return to the pan, season to taste ( I sometimes also use a little canderal or sugar to taste )

4) Add the chopped coriander or you can use chopped basil , which is also very nice.