spinach and cheese cannelloni

teen

post op loser
Just made this not sure if I got the recipe from this site

8 cannelloni tubes
A few basil leaves, torn( I didnt use dont like it lol)
2 level tbsps grated Parmesan cheese( I used normal cheese 2 from HEX )

for the Filling:
227g/8oz fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
227g/8oz fat-free natural cottage cheese
freshly grated nutmeg( I used out of a jar lol)
1 egg yolk
salt and ground black pepper

for the Sauce:
426ml/¾pt passata
pinch of sugar( I used sweetener)
1 garlic clove, crushed( dont like so didnt use )
salt and ground black pepper
method

1. To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.
2. Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
3. Mix the passata, sugar, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200C°/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.

1syn on EE and G 6 on red
Think mine was free on EE and G cause I used sweetener not sugar

and its well yummy

Attachments

• DSCF3166.JPG
    DSCF3166.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I keep meaning to make this but as much as I love cooking I keep putting it off as it's something new for me recipe wise :(

Will definitely be using this recipe as my starting point now... Looks like this will be my Saturday kitchen masterpiece :)

Although... I wonder if I could replace cottage cheese with quark as I'm not keen on cottage cheese at all???

Sounds and looks yummy anyway so thanks for posting this xxxxx

Back