SPINACH HELP!!!

Silvermoonbeam

OK I shouldn't admit such a thing at my age but I have never cooked spinach and now I don't know what to do with the 225g bag of baby spinach leaves I bought from the Co-op. And I keep seeing wilted spinach and I don't even know what that means??

Can I do something to liven it up as I am on Induction.

Any help would be much appreciated, what does it taste like? Sprouts or cabbage or neither??

Lol - spinach is great....and tastes like spinach:)

Personally i love it raw as a salad (since you have baby leaves) with say chicken and bacon - yum

But also you can stick it in the microwave to cook really easily. Most bags say on the back - pierce bag and mwave for x secs - tada:). Otherwise put in microwave container and nuke until just wilted (cooked and soft) - dont overdo it - will be yukky!

If you overcook it, it looks like slime lol

Like Kat1e said, raw is great........also nice if you put it in a frypan with some butter for around 15 secs.

Add some cream with salt and pepper or some Boursin cheese into it too....I love my spinach x

I'm liking the sound of the raw spinach chicken and bacon salad :)

Well I just cooked it in the pan in butter, my God how can a full pan shrink so quickly into a mere layer on the bottom?? I mixed a bit of cream in a la Honda and yeah its OK.....not bad....

This last week I have been TERRIBLE with my veggies thinking about it, really crap, so have decided to try very hard to get there every single day with them and the funny thing is I like veggies more than fruit I think I have just been lazy.

I will have half the spinach tonight and am thinking half tomorrow in some kind of omelette egg type thingie??

Eggs and spinach make for lovely bedfellows, so your omelette sounds good.

What about trying some cauli rice or mash? That's pretty delish.

I also love cabbage steamed, then sauteed in butter, with bacon pieces.

Boursin is garlic and herb soft cheese, or like a roule cheese you get at Christmas time. Works even better than just cream ;)

Cauli rice, just grated or whizzed up in the food processor then micro with film over for a couple min is good.

Spring greens finlky shredded, knob of butter nd micro covered for a couple min.

You do coleslaw don't you? What your recipe for that then?

I put spinach and/or cabbage in anything and everything. Raw in a salad, sauteed in butter as a side dish, in crustless quiche, in an omlette, in curries. Anything. I love it!

i too use spinach extensively.

throw a handfull into a stirfry, or a curry, or anything really right at the end, as you switch off the cooker, then, by the time you have your plate out it will be cooked.
i also buy frozen, great in soup, curry, and and and and......

Thanks Ladies, I think I need to make more of an effort this week, you are all so creative in the kitchen, whilst I am a lazy bugger LOL!!

Living on my own, I have become far too used to ready meals for one, soup, sandwiches and the odd Greggs pasty or more than the odd cake or biscuit.:D

Honorary ladies! ;) lol! Xx

Just found this thread! Fab! I have bought some spinach but didnt know what to do with it!!! Thank you! :D

Back