Sports bras lol

vanessal

Today I went in search of a good sports bra. I'm a 36e and have just started running. In the past I've even worn 2 bras in the hope that it will stop the bounce lol. So today I spent a couple of hours trying on all kinds of sports style bras. First the Nike shop,lovely girl who helped. But whilst trying to fasten 1 I twisted my neck awe. But after a 10 min hard work out session of getting in and trying on 3 sports bras they failed the bounce test.
Next was Reebok. Great sale price but no better than my asda normal bras.
Last was marks and sparks and finally a success , although it wasn't really a sports bra more a sports bra top. But omg why are they so blooming hard to get into. You could never get changed in a changing room full of people , it took 10 mins to get into it. So after all that I didn't have the energy to go to the gym,oh well I'll try it out tomorrow lol

I've tried the tops from forever21 and they don't offer much support, they are similar to the nike ones, just cheaper.
The best ones I've tried so far have been the Shock Absorber sports bras.
I have a 36F and sometimes FF (or G if they don't do FF) and I go on the treadmill so good support is a must for me!

I wish I could find a sports bra in my size. I actually use a wide support bandage (sold for pelvic support!) over my normal bra. I'm a 38jj. give me a couple of months and I might get into a normal sports bra lol.

i wear nike pro combat sports bra's. im a 32A/AA though so i wont bounce in them. they are very compressing though.....

Thanks for the advice girls. Someone told me to look on equestrian sites. I sometimes double up with my bras and wear one on top of the other ha. Actually it works not bad although looks silly.

I've tried a lot of sports bras in the past, including wearing two (!) M&S sports bras, and shock absorbers. In my opinion, you can't beat Enell sports bras. I'm surprised how rare it is for people to mention these. The bra is BIG, but brilliant for high impact exercise (I regularly run 10Ks) for bigger busted women (I'm a 34E.)

They cost more than most sport bras, but they're WORTH IT. Had mine for 2 years and it's never lost its shape!

I'm going to google enell bras now. I'm desperate for something that really supports and not hurts. Thank you. X

Was just coming on to see if anybody had mentioned Enell! I've got one on order, have had to settle for the champagne colour as the black isn't available in my size for 2-3 weeks. They certainly don't look pretty or even sporty, but are apparently the Rolls Royce of sports bras (better be at £44 a pop!)

Hi Girls - just waiting for my Enell to arrive. I'm very excited and hope that finally I can keep "my girls" from bouncing around. I'm a 36HH. Got a Shock Absorber Max D from Bravissimo and its ok but doesn't stop the bounce. I have to do jumping jacks with one armed clamped across my chest holding them in place!

The Enell has cost me £43.50 plus £2 postage from Boobydoo.com which seemed to be the cheapest I could find on the net. Less Bounce had them as well. Looking at the reviews most people rave about them including marathon runners and lots of horsey folk. Happy to pay the price if it solves the problem for me. Think it's gonna be fun trying to get it on though! Will report back. :)

By the way Bravissimo have £5 off all their sports bras until end of January.

Hi All - well as promised here's my Enell review as it arrived yesterday. You fasten it using hooks and eyes which run up the front of the bra, so you put it on like a waistcoat and then do yourself up. Luckily I had picked up a tip on the reviews and lay down on the bed to start off. You hook from the bottom up and without laying down I don't think I'd have got it on. Once you've done up about 3 or 4 hooks you can then get up and start with the rest, adjusting your boobs into the bra as you go. Once on though I found it surprisingly comfortable and the black version didn't look too bad at all from a "fashion" point of view.

I then did the all important bounce tests. I did about 15 jumping jacks and running on the spot and although my boobs did move, they moved up and down within the support of the bra so it didn't hurt at all. I had a Shock Absorber before that and found it impossible to do jumping jacks without one had clamped across my boobs. I now feel confident and able to do them properly.

I would definately recommend the Ennell. I paid £43.50 plus £2.50 P&P from Boobydoo.com. I ordered on the Sunday afternoon and it arrived yesterday morning (Tues). Really excellent service. You need to use the specific Ennell sizing chart but basically you measure yourself wearing a normal bra across the fullest part of your boobs and then measure yourself directly under your bra. There is a grid to check your sizes against and it tells you what size to buy. I am a 36HH and I went for the size 3. Hope this helps. :)

i cant fault M&S bras. im now a 36/38 G and there bras have never been a problem. they are comfy, strong, adjustable, wash and wear lovely and price is great at £25 and its convenient as you can go try them all on and do some tests in the changing room ;) Mine dont move when i run and iv got to be really careful as i do have implants too :) HTH x

I wear the Shock absorber bra. had a white one but then Found it in bright pink in TK maxx! love it!! but I always have to wear a crop top bra thing over it. (in a size 10 even tho i am a 12!) holds them right down!! Enell bras are meant to be fantastic. I just cant afford it at the moment! will do with my two bra approach for the moment.
Like the sound of the M&S zip up one. wonder if they post to Ireland.

I couldn't find this thread after initially posting on it! I am pleased with the enell support-wise; put it this way, my pelvic floor suffers more from impact than my boobs do now! There are about 16 billion hooks & eyes to do up at the front & the material is really naffly shiny but it does do the job!

Yay! Really glad you like the Enell. I remember the first time I put it on, I didn't know how I was going to breathe in it! But it definitely does the trick, eh? I know a lot of people are put off by how big it is, but personally I like it. Sometimes I wear it as a cropped top in the summer.

PLUS! As a weird aside, if you do up half of the hook 'n' eyes, from the bottom, you get CRAZY CLEAVAGE! At least I do.

Im using the Freya range at the mo; £28 from Freemans catalogue. They push you up abit, Good support, and I think they make my boobies look smaller! (I'm a 38e). Went spinning last night and they still moved around a bit when I had to do a bike sprint!

Yay! Really glad you like the Enell. I remember the first time I put it on, I didn't know how I was going to breathe in it! But it definitely does the trick, eh? I know a lot of people are put off by how big it is, but personally I like it. Sometimes I wear it as a cropped top in the summer.

PLUS! As a weird aside, if you do up half of the hook 'n' eyes, from the bottom, you get CRAZY CLEAVAGE! At least I do.

LOL! Hubbie always hangs around when I do mine up as well. The cleavage is :eek:!

I know this post is a bit old now, but I would recommend the Freya and Panache sports bras if you have a bigger chest.

I got a Panache a few weeks ago, on offer at £30 (usually £35) from Bravissimo. You can wear it with normal bra straps or the straps clip together to make it a racer back. I have to go down a cup size from my usual Panache bra, but its really supportive - I use it for running, Zumba and Body Combat, so a range of bounce activity!!!

Back