Sports Bras

PurpleMum

Silver Member
I need a sports bra for exercise. I know people recommend shockabsorbers for the 'well-endowed', but these are sold by conventional bra size. I don't want to invest in one of these while I'm shrinking 'cos it could be too big in a short space of time. Can anyone suggest cheaper alternatives that would work in the meantime? Advice appreciated.

I got mine from Avon of all places!!!! I was a 40e & went for the biggest size they did. Have I admit that at first it wasn't that comfortable under my bust but now it's fine & I'd highly recommend it, they don't move anywhere lol

I got mine from M&S and I LOVE them, I wear them even when I am not exercising as they are so comfy and really give me a lift! :)

Thanks for the advice. Never even thought of avon, I've got a catalogue atm. We've a massive M&S nearby too, I might pop by today. Thanks for the advice guys.

Update on the bra front. Went to JJB and Shocker absorbers bras are £5 off atm. They had tonnes of bigger sizes and I got the level 4 max for £22.99. Very comfy, no underwire, and easy to put on. Jumped about like mad in the changing room to check it worked.:greenapple:It worked!

I went a few mths ago with my OH to buy him shoes lol I came home with shock absorber sport bra 29.99 and a size 16/18 tracksuit set about same price.. He was in shock!! His words "How Much!!!!!!" just for a bra.. I told him it was on sale.. Lol lol

I went a few mths ago with my OH to buy him shoes lol I came home with shock absorber sport bra 29.99 and a size 16/18 tracksuit set about same price.. He was in shock!! His words "How Much!!!!!!" just for a bra.. I told him it was on sale.. Lol lol

Lol I wish I could do that, OH checks the whole statement every month and if he sees any "evans" "new look" or "yours" on the statement I get the look lol.

Ahh yes I have the same.. But he agreed to buy them before we went.. He just didn't know how much they would be :) lol

I went to an outlet store and got some Nike stuff at bargain prices too. There are bargains to be had atm...luv it, luv it, luv it. Retail therapy.

Our local JJB sports has just become a JJB outlet store, which means everything in store ir BOGOF. So I have bought Hubby some new work boots and trainers for his birthday, and I am contemplating buying myself some new workout clothes once I get down a size.

Buy him something, get yourself something free. That sounds good. Don't have any JJB outlets around, that would be better that a single branded store. Lucky you.

Just hope it stays there and isnt a temporary thing! :)

They probaby need an outlet store with the way things are going. It should be there for a while. still, you could do some retail therapy to pick up bargains now, just incase.

Would be an incentive also if I had a new pair of jogging bottoms in a size down or two.

Back