1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Sports relief (3 mile) advice pls

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Lyndsey, 8 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Lyndsey

Lyndsey Well-Known Member

Hi There, I'm on W8 so less than 500 cals a day. Next Sunday I am doing the 3 mile sports relief run (or more likely walk...he he he).

I am lucky that next week is add a meal week so can have something to eat, but when do you think is the best time to have it? Before or after the 3 miles?

I do get a bit light headed on the diet but nothing extreme, just for a few seconds and soon passes. I think i should be stocking up on calories before the 3 miles just to make sure I dont get a light head, but is eating before it when I'm on such low calories anyway a good idea?

Any advice any one? Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Katherine-piza-jones

Katherine-piza-jones Active Member

advice

hi there i'm not on your diet i'm on C/D!!
    i do however know about excercise.. you need to have calories a good cereal/ banana a while before you attempt to do this 3 miles, i run the race for life last year (also 3 miles) and at the end of the run i thought i was going to flake out, and that was without being on a diet, i was training ( running 3 miles 3 times a week ) for 12 weeks up until the race.
    if its so soon with no training i would recomend walking.. just a thought why don't you try it this week some time see how you fair up. :girlpower:
    and best of luck

4. Lyndsey

Lyndsey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Katerina, I'm doing it with my sister, mum and 2 nephews, so think it will be more of a walk with a bit of jogging with my eldest nephew. We are not going for any records, just a bit of a fun day.

I used to go to the gym before starting the diet but advised not to since starting due to the low calories, so just a little concerned about 3 miles since no exercise in 6 weeks.

Will definately have a shake and a meal before we go to top-up the cals. Thanks x