Spots!?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lovetosew, 28 June 2011 Social URL.

1. lovetosew

lovetosew Full Member

I have been on sw for 4 weeks now and I think it might be giving me spots! I have only had a couple but I never usually get any (at least not for the last 10 years or so!) at the most I might get a little pimple before I come on but these are big, sore spots! I have one at the moment on my jawline and I swear it feels as big as a boil!

Please tell me I am not alone :eek:

I am eating so healthily that I would expect my skin to be glowing!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JackieN

JackieN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Slowly cutting out refined sugar and cooking more from scratch
    You are not alone ((hug)) its your body getting rid of all the ''''' I often find this happens when start eating better drinking more water etc. You will soon have glowing skin just stick with it :) put a drop of lavender oil on them it dries them out. Or someone said a tiny bit of sudacrem does the same but I've not tried that

4. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have had a few nasty spots this last week or so and I put a bit of tooth paste on, works a treat. Kills germs and takes that horrible redness away (also it doesnt hurt as much after about half hour of the tooth paste being on). I tend to put it on at bedtime so it works over night.

Like JackieN says its just your body getting rid of the rubbish that maybe in your system but once its out your skin will calm down :)

5. juicygooseface

juicygooseface ♥juicy♥

Start Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.89%)
    Diet:
    my diet!!
    i have been getting these loads, like sore blister type spots sometimes, ive been put back on contraceptive pill 2 help but still getting them :/ ive been on slimming world almost a year and im now doing healthy eating-im literally doing everything you can to avoid spots and still getting them! xx

6. juicygooseface

juicygooseface ♥juicy♥

Start Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.89%)
    Diet:
    my diet!!
    oh and i use sudacrem too sometimes but it stops working if u use it all the time :( x

7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    add water to bicarbonate of soda and mix into a paste-really cheap and works well.

8. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Can thoroughly recommend Sudocrem.....put a blob on over night on a thoroughly cleansed face and it will almost be gone by the morning.!

9. lovetosew

lovetosew Full Member

wow, thanks for all the responses and advice. Definitely makes me feel better that I am not on my own! I am going to put some toothpaste on it tonight then buy some sudacrem next time I'm at the shops xx

10. sarah5298a1

sarah5298a1 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    yep sudacrem does work :)

11. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Toothpaste does the trick I used it last night on the monster that's invaded my nose!! Lol
    Hope it works for you

12. gemmm

gemmm Full Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I haven't experienced it myself but I remember one of my sisters was complaining she started breaking out when she started on SW a few years ago, it went away after a few weeks on it's own though. She reckons it was because she started eating more veg and fresh foods instead of ready meals and also because she drank less at the weekends too and her body was getting rid of toxins.

13. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    Just drink more water, i drink 3ltrs a day, always have even when im not on an eating plan, ive never had spots :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.