Spots

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by dizzydawnie, 8 October 2011 Social URL.

1. dizzydawnie

dizzydawnie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Hi

Was planning on starting Atkins on Monday, but have now found out I have an interview on Thursday so wanted to know what the consensus was......

1. I often find with new diets I have a breakout of spots from around day 3 or 4.....at my age :rolleyes: .......did anyone experience this with Atkins?

2. Having read about the headaches and generally feeling rough after the first few days would you (I have not experienced these yet so can't say!) advise to maybe delay til Friday......would it be too off putting for me to perform well??

Thanks in advance
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Yes, a lot of people get spotty outbreaks as part of the general detoxing of carby rubbish. I certainly did!!!
    Perhaps you could just eat very healthily until Friday which would also help you slip into ketosis that little bit easier?

4. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I would not suggest doing an interview with atkins flu- altho not everyone gets it, not worth the risk! Starting friday will be soon enough and plenty of time to plan. Start cutting sugar down/out and that should make the transition when you cut out rest carbs easier!

5. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

Start on Friday, you'll have the whole weekend to lay around & feel rubbish. then should be feeling better by mon/tues.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.