spray oil

cruisedolly

Hi all, just started on Slimming World and notice a lot of recipes use fry light. I don't have any of this, but I do have one of those mister sprays where you put the oil in yourself and it delivers a fine mist spray of oil. Would this be ok in place of fry light?

I doubt it - there is not just oil in the frylight it has lecithin and water as well. The bottle I have here is only 56% oil.

In the Slimming World book it says any cooking spray which is 2 calories or less per spray and i'm not even sure if you could work out how many cals you'd get in each spray!

You could just add a small amount of oil to the mister (to make sure you make the most of what you use) and syn it. It's 2 syns per level tsp or 6 syns per level tbsp.

I read a thread here recently which suggested that fry light is the equivalent of oil mixed with about 5 parts water. This keeps the calories low. Not sure how that could be achieved with regular oil and a pump spray because it would not emulsify properly if you just added water.

you're probably best off just buying the frylight. You don't want to be eating syns without knowing about it

Thanks, but think I'll just use oil and syn it. Tried frylight before and thought it was horrible stuff full of chemicals.

Back