Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

spray oil

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cruisedolly, 8 October 2010 Social URL.

1. cruisedolly

cruisedolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.61%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi all, just started on Slimming World and notice a lot of recipes use fry light. I don't have any of this, but I do have one of those mister sprays where you put the oil in yourself and it delivers a fine mist spray of oil. Would this be ok in place of fry light?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MargyParker

MargyParker My belly this will be!

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I doubt it - there is not just oil in the frylight it has lecithin and water as well. The bottle I have here is only 56% oil.

4. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    In the Slimming World book it says any cooking spray which is 2 calories or less per spray and i'm not even sure if you could work out how many cals you'd get in each spray!

You could just add a small amount of oil to the mister (to make sure you make the most of what you use) and syn it. It's 2 syns per level tsp or 6 syns per level tbsp.

5. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    I read a thread here recently which suggested that fry light is the equivalent of oil mixed with about 5 parts water. This keeps the calories low. Not sure how that could be achieved with regular oil and a pump spray because it would not emulsify properly if you just added water.

6. mimiclaudette

mimiclaudette Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(23.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    you're probably best off just buying the frylight. You don't want to be eating syns without knowing about it

7. cruisedolly

cruisedolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.61%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks, but think I'll just use oil and syn it. Tried frylight before and thought it was horrible stuff full of chemicals.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.