Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Spray Tan - professional

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Dancing, 9 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi, I tried doing a search but "tan" was too short a word and it kept giving me mouth spray results :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of treating myself to a spray tan when I get to 13 stone (as once I get into the 12s it is nearly over for me and it has been such a struggle getting there)

But, I don't think I'd feel comfortable standing there having someone spray me. Do the spray booths work ok? Is there a company you would recommend?

Any info would be appreciated

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    know exactly what you mean hun, I feel the same. Would love to have a spay tan but the thought of standing there with someone spaying me is just too embarrasing. Let me know if you try the automatic spray machine :)

4. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    I had a st tropez tan done at my local beauty salon, I must admit it looked a bit streaky when I went to bed but when i had showered in the morning the colour was gorgeous.
    I am usually very pale.
    Try phoning a few beauty salons.

5. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I tried one of those automatic spray booths a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a disaster my legs were all streaky, I had to use a pumice stone to get it off lol.. I girl I know was embarrassed about going and have someone do it, but she wore a strapless swimsuit and felt a bit better about going and the results were perfect.

6. glitzglamz

glitzglamz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    hi i am a mobile spray technician and i would say go for it ! Find someone in your area and have it done in your own home, we see all different sizes and really ar'nt looking or judging someones body - and the bonus is a tan does make you look 10lbs slimmer x

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks for posting this glitzglamz!! I had no idea that there were mobile spray technicians either!

8. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Shame you cant pop round hun - still feel shy tho!

9. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I want one too as I don't tan naturally, I just burn!

10. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    always feel thinner with a tan - not sure how my mind works!!

11. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I've had the booth ones before - and they are ok ... make sure you really exfoliate and moisturise well before - and wipe hands bottom of feet, knees elbows with towels they provide.

Plucked up courage to have a St Tropez tan done a little while ago - was given micro paper thong .... but although I was blushing the girl doing it was very good and put me at my ease. Results were much better and lasted longer.

12. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I dont think the booth tans are precise enough, try and find a local tech that offers a spray tan called Tantrick. It is seriously the best. Dont be embarrsed i have them done all the time and im 17 bloody stone, dont take much for me to whip me kit off lol.

Try this link and post a question on the consumer forum to find a good tech in your own area. www.salongeek.com

13. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    thanks hun - I will look into it and try to get brave. Hate stuff like that tho - you know communal changing rooms, getting undressed in front of people etc :)

14. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    The therapist will go out of the room till your changed, you dont have to wear the paper pants, some people wear shorts and a strappy top or their own old bra and knickers.

15. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    thanks for that honey :)

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thankyou!

17. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    ooooww I'm so glad you asked this question. I want a spray tan (look at my white legs and tummy!!)...I'm scared of turning orange though! Don't like the footballers wife look!

18. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Same here Shaz, that's what puts me off

19. glitzglamz

glitzglamz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    the only reason you go orange is if too high a dha is used for the persons skin colour - a trained technician will not make you orange x

20. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    That's good to know.

21. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I had a st.tropez spray tan last year before my hols (needed all the encouragement to get into my beach geear hahah) and it was a lovely golden colour, brilliant results but it only lasted really about 4 days with being in and out the sea etc. I had to stand there in one of those little paper thongs and I felt so embarrased, the girl was really nice though and I would definitely do it again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.