Squid??

loolahoop

Silver Member
i dont know if im posting this in the right place or not (only joined site yesterday!)
but i have got some prepared squid for my seafood paella for dinner tonight..what do i do with it? lol do i literally just slice it up? lol ive only ever eaten cooked before..anyone know? lol

If it is prepared then you need to do very little to it. I usually rinse it & pat with a tea towel or kitchen roll to dry. If it is the body section that looks a bit like a cone shape, just slice it a bit like a cucumber so you get "rings". Be warned, it goes very chewy and rubbery if overcooked so I would not put it into the paella until about 5-10 mins before the end of the cooking time. I love squid, it is delish!

thankyou! :) yep deffo know about the overcooked squid! lol i put it in a seafood paella before...except it was precooked! lol needless to say it was like rubber bands!! thats y i went with the raw quid this time so im hoping for it to taste a bit better than last time! lol can i also ask...does it matter if squid id undercooked? lol

Sorry, not been on here since and thought I would check in - luckily it doesn't matter if undercooked so hopefully you're OK!

Back