ss before operation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by horseclutter, 12 June 2008 Social URL.

1. horseclutter

horseclutter Full Member

Hi does anyone know how long you can ss before an operation, I am due for a circumferential tummy tuck in 3 weeks and have been away and put on a bit weight which I would like off before my op and just wondered if it was safe and if so how long before my op would I stop ss. thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

havent a clue but i think i did read on here that it is 3months after a op before you can ss again sorry

4. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    After any op is that? I am due to have a minor investigatory keyhole thing in a couple of months - its day surgery and Im only going to be out less than an hour???

Worried now...

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ask your CDC bish I think they'll say surgery is surgery I'm afraid. I may have to have keyhole surgery soon (gallstones) and I was told 3 months.

6. horseclutter

horseclutter Full Member

It is 3 month after surgery because I had breast uplift and was told no ss after surgery. But not sure about before so I need help on that one please.

7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi

You should be on 1200 cals minimum 2 weeks prior to surgery then you wait until three months afterwards.

There are some exceptions to this.

Your CDC can contact the medical department for guidance as each case can be different.

8. horseclutter

horseclutter Full Member

Thanks cd for your advice I'm sure it will also help others who are awaiting operations.

9. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Thank you CDC - no date for my surgery yet, but will consult my cdc now and get him to find out for me

10. AmyLou1976

AmyLou1976 Full Member

Yeah I had my gallbladder out (keyhole) and used ss to lose weight for the op. Then afterwards I couldn't re start for 3 months as your body needs time to heal x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.