Ss for 10 days then 1 day off with great weight loss!

dibzzy

Hi..
just want to put this out there for feedback..i know alot of ppl are going to say maybe im on the wrong diet etc but i think the combo of very strict SS and a cheat day diet is proving great for me..im sure its a personal thing but it seems to be working for me..to the point that ive done it for the last 7 weeks by doing 100% SS for 10 complete days in which im losing on average 7-8lbs then i take a day off on day 11 on which i eat anything i want and obviously get knocked out of ketosis..i then go back onto 100% SS for the next 10 days in which i lose another 7-8lbs PLUS the 1-2lbs i put on after the cheat day..it seems to be kick starting my metabolism when i have that day off..plus i get back into ketosis after 1 day..I first weighed 19st 13lbs on 5th nov..i now weigh 17st 3lb just by doing it this way..Thats nearly 3 stones in 7 weeks!! To be honest if i wasnt soooo big i might have done it the normal way but it seemed like such a lonnnnngggg journey that i tweaked it abit...this way the 10 days dont seem that bad cos i know im gonna have that day off..im hoping for some feedback for some pros and cons..best thing is i dont even have the carb withdrawal headaches when i restart..Its worked so far so ill carry on til it stops..then if i see it is stalling then ill rethink my strategy!:D

I don't know if you've heard of 5:2? It's where you eat 500 calories for 2 days of the week and eat normally the other 5 days. It's meant to help you lose weight while also providing other health benefits. What you're doing sounds similar to that. If it works, continue with it.

I couldn't do it that way-if I started eating I'd not stop :(

Slim2012 is right, it takes much more will power. But I can absolutely see the metabolic trigger benefits -plus the health effects-.

For my part, I was 110% spot on on the first 8 months of Cambridge. I mean 110% not even sugar free gum passed my lips or a glass of Coke light. Nada. Water and shakes. It made it easier and it was the best way to lose it over 100 lbs. If I had went up the steps and hadn't had the medical mishap then maybe I would have been a maintainer after having done it by the book. After I went through IVF and had my daughter I was back to my initial weight plus some and spent the next year and a half alternating between tweaked Cambridge and periods of binging. My job makes it impossibly hard, I travel a lot, business dinners, airport temptations, room service, missing my girl, it's all making Cambridge-110% impossible so I've done Cambridge home and eating on the road which worked somewhat - lost som 40 lbs but it was MUCH MUCH harder and not nearly as efficient which is why I am going to try to repeat the first round and keep 110%. If I fail I'll make it a rule to always get back on the horse the NEXT day and will consider planned cheat days then but connect them to mini-goals.

Hats off that you can do it like this and it keeps working- are you in a team? We started a new one.

If this works for you then great. I know I'd struggle to do it though, being the all-or-nothing thinker I am. :)

One thing's for sure though, this post shouldn't be in the Cambridge Diet 100% section...

If this works for you then great. I know I'd struggle to do it though, being the all-or-nothing thinker I am. :)

One thing's for sure though, this post shouldn't be in the Cambridge Diet 100% section...

I have moved it out of the 100% section x

That's a new way, glad it works for you I wouldn't even trust myself with this only because as you say on day 11 (cheat day) I would cheat and then day 12 would keep prolonging it so DEFFO not an option for me ATM the main things its working for you :) I need discipline lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds fab that it works for you. My consultant reccommends doing ss+ every 5th week to kick start metabolism and from what i hear from her other clients it works really well.

Goodluck though, i could never do the in and out of ketosis though, it pains me. This is the lasy time i will ever enter ketosis and i will come out of it skinny lolx

Doing ss+ every 5th week is totally different to eating whatever you want every 11th day though.

I must admit , i think if i ate food even if once every 2 weeks i think id feel i failed as i would just want more id give myself an inch

N id take a mile lol nope got to stick 100% for me but great if it works for u everyone is different xx

Back