Step 1 Sole Source SS on the implant

Hannahlouise92

Hi, just a quick question, i don't know if anyone else had posted about this but i couldn't find anything.
I was wondering if anyone else was doing the cambridge weight plan and had the contraceptive implant? I was just wondering if it interrupted the weight loss in anyway? as i know i have put at least 2 stone on in the last 2 years while ive had it. I'm not blaming the implant (obviously it was me eating too much! haha) but i know it makes you more hungry.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)
Hannah

I had the implant in when I started last June. And my losses have been good when I've stuck to the plan. Had it removed in feb tho to regulate periods so my husband and I can try for our 2nd baby in the near future. I've bn on plan properly since 11th match and my losses haven't really differed so the implant did change much for me. Hope this helps xx

Hi, I have the implant in im on ss and it hasnt affected my losses. 1 thing I do know is i will be having it removed:)) my appetite was huge after I had it put in so the weight went up even more:(

thanks for the replies.. so overall it doesnt really affect losses. i lost 12lbs in the first week and by my scales i have lost another half a stone this week (official WI tonight so im chucking water down the throat like its going out of fashion!) clairdelou, same for me! so i may have it taken out before i finish this diet.. or just try and tell myself im not actually hungry. The implant is just so much more practical than the pill so ill have to have a think. its due to come out next year anyway so may just stick it out. Thanks for your advice :) Hannah x

Good luck with the WI let us know how u get on:)) r u excited. Yes the implant is very practical and ive had no bad experiences with it. Like u, mine is also due out next year:)) so it cud be worth leaving it and try to ignore the hunger.

I've got the implant and have just started my first period in over a year and a half :mad: Not impressed doesn't even cut it as preventing periods is one of the reasons I have it.
I'd heard this could happen as this diet messes with your body and chemistry etc, just didn't expect it after only 1 week. Hope it doesn't last long, I've heard horror stories of periods on this diet lasting weeks at a time :(

Hi everyone.. another 5lbs off this week! can believe it! that means my BMI is nearly normal :D
I hope TOTM on the implant doesn'e affect weight loss too much as like you i have just come on my period for the first time in about a year :(
VERY emotional today, got loads of work to do for uni which probably doensn't help but i've felt like crying for most of the day.. So glad i have minimins to vent my emotions on haha don't think i would survuve without it.. just wish i was as motivated with my work as i am with this diet.
Hannah x

Just been thinking... With this diet messing with our hormones, does it make the contraceptive property of the implant less effective? Don't really fancy getting pregnant any time soon :(

Thank goodness for that, don't want any nasty surprises coming my way!

Back