SS/SS+

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hypno1, 27 August 2009 Social URL.

1. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Hi,

I was looking for a bit of advice. I am currently on SS and have been sticking to it 100%. The thing is I am freezing with the ketosis and could really be doing with a hot drink. I hate black tea and I can just about manage black coffee but it isn't enjoyable at all. I noticed that on SS+ you can have 200ml of skimmed milk. I would love to have skimmed milk in my coffee as I usually just have my coffee with semi-skimmed milk anyway so it wouldn't be a huge difference to me and would really boost my water intake too as I would be able to drink coffee. The thing is I don't want to have a meal or an extra pack a day, I am managing fine on the 3 a day. Would it do my weight loss any harm to add in just the skimmed milk and not the extra meal or pack? Anyone know?

Thanks,

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    You could always put a little bit of a vanilla shake in your coffee x x

4. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    If you are desperate then add the 200mls of milk to your diet...

SS+ to the letter, it is not, but three packs plus the milk or 4 packs plus the milk... personally, I can find no scientific reason behind it. (I'm a CDC so I cannot personally recommend this course of action.)
    Up to you really, tbh, if it keeps you from breaking your diet then it's a good choice!

5. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    Can't see why you couldn't just add the milk, though I'm not expert.

Have you thought about the vegetable drink, to heat you up. I have the vegetable bouillon that was recommended on here, though there is a CD version, and they are really nice, and kill the savoury craving and great when i fancy a hot drink, as I don't drink tea or coffe.

6. slimwannabe

slimwannabe Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(26.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Have you thought about having your shake with hot water? I have all of mine hot,mmm is lovely. xx

7. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    I am doing ss+ at the moment but when I was doing ss I missed having a cup of tea and my cdc said it wouldn't harm me to have a little skimmed milk and it didn't, my weight loss was not affected. Try and see for one week.

8. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Thnaks for that everyone. I have tried putting the shakes in coffee before (last time round) and I really didn't like i at all. I am only on week 2 so can manage through this week without, it's next week when I can have the bars (I love them!) that i want to be able to have a coffee with them. Think I am just scared as I def want to lose the weight asap but I don't want to risk ending up breaking it all together and coming off it because I feel it's too restrictive when if I can add a bit of milk it might just take the edge off for me iykwim?

I am determined to stay on this as long as it takes to lose all the weight this time so I suppose adding the milk is just something I have to do to keep me on track. The only thing i'm scared of is if I do add it then I get really bad results on the scales I might be really downhearted.

Zoe your weight loss has been fantastic! I was wondering what the differenc eon the scales would be between SS and SS+ too but it doesn't seem to be affecting your losses at all so far. Do you excersise aswell?

9. JustJen84

JustJen84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i have skimmed milk in my cuppas i dont put much in though but i seem to loose around the average 1 stone a month, its sad but i look forward to my brews it helps keep me going

10. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    I know what you mean jen, I love my coffee and have been really good with buying decaf (trying to sort out my lifestyle altogether) but I do need that wee bit milk in it or I find it undrinkable. If I can take the milk then I can have tea too which would be great.

11. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Thanks Gillian, I was losing 3-5lb a week on ss and on ss+ it has been 3-4lb so not much difference at all. I swapped to ss+ after my 810 week as I really enjoyed having the meal in the evening with the family. I always said it would be a trial and if my losses dropped below 3 a week then I would go back to ss but so far so good so I am sticking with ss+.

PS it also helped with the toilet side of things eating the veg on ss+ (sorry if tmi) Good luck.

12. ziggyzoo

ziggyzoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(19.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love the capachino (sp) shake hot sometimes i add a teaspoon of coffee to make it stronger but it is fab

13. vikki73

vikki73 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    CWP Maintenance
    Hi I am on SS but I have the same problem as you with the milk - just can't live without it! My CDC said to me that as I only need 3 packs a day, to try adding a little milk but restrict myself to 3-4 cuppas a day. Have to say its worked for me so far and definitely helped to stop me straying off the straight and narrow! I think there is a lot worse you could so. Go for it. If your losses seem slow you could always re-evaluate it.
    Good luck xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.