SS vs cd....

Allblue

I know this has been posted a 100 times probably but I have been suggested this on cd forums.

Basically I've been on cd for 4 weeks, I have lost 10lb. The position I'm in is one, I don't think it's worth the sacrifice of totally abstaining from food. I was losing this on ww, so I'm now on my last two stone and eating or should I say drinking 1000cal less!

I am starting to think that I'm not going to get the fast results on cd, for my last part, which is kind of why I went on it. It's a huge thing going without food, I miss sitting at the dinner table, stressing if I have a meal out and knowing its going to mean I haven't stuck to my step. I of course on the odd occasion this has happened basically had a SS+ meal.

I like the concept of packs, takes the stress out of your day. But I'm starting to think a 2lb ish loss a week is it worth the sacrifice of not eating at all, missing dinner times, missing eating out, chicken salad of course.

We have a busy life and quite a social one due to 4 kids and my dhs job. I'm looking at slim and save as its, well, cheaper. But seems a hell of a lot more flexible. As long as you stick to ketogenic foods on the plan.

It's basically the same as 810/AAMW on CD to be honest.

The major difference is the meal packs on S&S ,which are the decider for a lot of people

Why not order a few samples enough for say 2-3 days and see how you get on? As long as you order 1 of each thing differently you can do repeat orders eg order 1, choc shake, mac cheese, lemon bar, order 2 - spag bol, porridge, hazlenut shake.

Lexie_dog said:
It's basically the same as 810/AAMW on CD to be honest.

The major difference is the meal packs on S&S ,which are the decider for a lot of people

Why not order a few samples enough for say 2-3 days and see how you get on? As long as you order 1 of each thing differently you can do repeat orders eg order 1, choc shake, mac cheese, lemon bar, order 2 - spag bol, porridge, hazlenut shake.

You'd be better ordering the proper taster pack, as it also means you'll get all the flavours to try, and only pay once for postage too :)

I've seen this trial pack. I think I'm going to order and try from next thurs. I have cd products until weds. Then it ties in with my CDC going on holiday :D

I like the idea of the meal packs, mixing it with protein having a meal at the table rather than sucking a shake in the kitchen. I am starting to get big questions from my older two who are autistic, why I'm not eating with them as they are worried without food I'll be sick. It's just not worth the sacrifice I don't think for 2-3 lb a week, which I was losing on ww. I'm definitely sticking to low carb though as I feel better, much healthier and will continue this mantra at goal. But yeah the packs are a lot more inticing. Plus I feel I can justify 25 per week to keep me healthy and see the results slower. That's your price of lunches. 40 is just a bit much to be seeing no better than my ww sub got me!

Hey I hear ya! I have felt exactly the same.
The first month on S&S I lost 12lb, the 2nd month I lost 11lb and my 3rd month will have been completed in a couple of days. So far in my 3rd month I've lost 8.25lb so I won't probably even make 11lb lost for my 3rd month. It seems to be getting less each month!
I have had the thoughts "I could and HAVE lost this on a higher calorie diet" MANY times but for some reason still stuck to it. I guess some people just lose slower than others and I am one of them unfortunately.

You could find you do better on S&S so yeah definitely worth a go. Even if it's just so you can eat some food and not have to continue cutting it out completely. Good luck!

Back