SS+, why cant we have....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 3 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ....prawns? They are low fat and carb, and high protein, so why cant we have them? I must confess, I just had a few with my salad instead of chicken.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

not too sure actually , maybe they are just higher calorie than white fish ? They are now on the 810 plan but not Ss+ .. maybe the amount you could have due to calories would be too little protein ??

4. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    I've been wondering this too in regards to eggs- would love to have an omelette some days. I'd be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts...

SacredSilence likes this.
  5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I`ve just got back from an initial meeting with a CDC and she gave me some booklets and both Prawns AND Eggs are in the Step 2 Plan booklet - Which I *think* is SS+?

HTH

LiSe x

6. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    Nope, unfortunately step two is the 810 plan. SS+ is part of plan 1, just a slightly higher up version :).

7. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Ahhh ok :D What`s the difference? Just the type of meal you have then?? Confuse.Com!! (I`m just looking into the diet at the mo)

Xx

8. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    SS is 3 Cambridge meal replacements a day (or 4 if you're a bloke/ tall woman) totalling 415-554 calories a day,
    SS+ is 3 meal replacements a day and a 200cal meal (from the list given in the book) or 4 meal replacements and some skimmed milk. This one comes to 615 calories total.
    810, as the name suggests totals 810 calories: so the same 3 meal replacements, and extra 200 calories for the meal (400 rather than 200)- in general the portions are bigger than on SS+ but there are also a couple of extras (like eggs, prawns, chickpeas) on there that you can't have at SS+ level.

Hope that makes sense? :) Don't know if you've been on the official website but it's explained quite well there: Cambridge Weight Plan: Programmes (6 Steps)

9. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Thanks x Sorry for being such a dim cow LOL This is all new to me x

10. Kkimi88

Kkimi88 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet SS+
    Don't be silly :D took me a while to get a grasp on things and I'm still learning! Hopefully I explained it okay. Good luck whichever plan you choose!

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I don't have an official answer to this, so just my point of view :)

Prawns can be a bit iffy on their sodium content which can really effect the scale reading on a VLCD. But...I reckon they just haven't tested out the prawns and eggs on SS+

When the new books were done, there was a plan of attack for the 810 plan. SS+/SS were left as they were. Maybe one day they'll do a similar attack on the SS+ one day, but for now it's no prawns or eggs :(

12. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I just asked my CDC and she said that prawns aren't good for cholestorol, and thats why we cant have them?

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Afraid that's not correct. Dietary cholesterol doesn't have much bearing on blood cholesterol so foods that are high in cholesterol shouldn't be a problem.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.