Staffordshire oakcakes

dipsy1512

I adore Staffordshire oatcakes and as I only go home now and again I rarely get them but I was wondering if anybody knows the syn value of one, especially as the recipe is a secret so I couldn't tell you what is in them?

I know you said the recipe is a secret, but is it a secret you know? If so you could work it out by looking in your book, or just tell us the synned elements of it (ie ignore things like egg and just say how much of anything which is synned?) otherwise its really hard to work out syns of something :/

If you know the calorie content then it's 1 syn per 20 calories.

Normal shop bought oatcakes are around 2 syns each.

Hi

No it really is a secret and even recipes that you find on the Internet are not "true" Staffordshire oatcakes. They are not the biscuit ones they are the type you have with a fry up. Think I'm going to have to guess

Your going to be looking at the syns for the oats or HEB instead of syns, then they oil they are cooked in as they are quite greasy I have found. The only thing you could do is ring the cafe you are going to and explain your issue. They may give you the recipe. Besides all places will make them slightly different, so hard to work out. I would bet your days syns on them though! I have only had them once and it put me off.

Oh thanks very much for the info will have to look into it and see what I can find out :)

Back