Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

star week question..........

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cara78, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey girls! weigh in for me tonight! I'm one measerly pound away from my 3 stone award so wish me luck!!! however... its star week and I've never been weighed before on star week! I find a couple of days before then I can have a small gain though. I just wondered for those of you who gain around star week... do you find it's normally before or during? sorry for the nature of this question!!!! LOL c x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've gained once, and that week I'd been angelic on the food front, and it was 1 week before my *day, and I did feel quite bloated!X

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had my star week last week and lost weight, so I think it is different for everyone.

5. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooooo fingers crossed is doesn't make a difference and I get a pound off!!! although to be fair I'm uncertain of how accurate last weeks weigh in was cos I went to a different class and got weighed in the morning rather than the evening...... time will tell........ if not... there's always next week! C x

6. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I tend to lose when I am actually on my star week but then weirdly the following week I tend to either maintain or gain slightly.

7. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think * week affects us all differently. I've never noticed a gain when it's that time for me personally. I used to get massively bloated but since I started drinking a lot more water it's less so now.

Hope it goes well x

8. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck anyway, I hope you get the lb!! 3 stone is a fantastic acheivement- can't wait to get there myself- I'm halfway there!! But then again, 2 stone 13lb is also an incredible acheivement so think of that whichever way it goes!! (Will be lovely to get that sticker and that landmark though I realise that!!)X

9. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks guys!!! I've been on plan so at least if it's not tomorrow.... it should be soon!!!!.............. i have to agree i think there's no hard and fast rules re star week it seems to really vary! good luck to all you guys this week xxx

10. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to have a gain or a sts whenever its my * week...I have just learnt to accept it. I also know that it will come off again the week after. My advice would be to also drink plenty of water...I loose more weight on a * week when I drink more water and also dont suffer as badly with cramps.

11. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yep I think everyone is different. I hold onto water before mine start but as soon as they do it's like a switch turned on it just dissapears, along with my grumpy hormonal moods ;)

12. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks guys - i've always been really bad at drinking enough water so am going to up to up my water in take! i've also realised that I sadi weigh in was tonight! Its actually tomorrow..... LOL c x

13. scottish lass

scottish lass THIS IS MY YEAR

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    good luck cara, hope you do it

Last edited: 1 February 2010
  14. kissme

kissme Gold Member

i only have * week twice a year so i dont have to worry lol!!

15. scottish lass

scottish lass THIS IS MY YEAR

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    lucky you, i've been having one every 3-4 days for the past few weeks:mad:. still losing tho

16. kissme

kissme Gold Member

but i also cant have kids! which is the down side! but its lovely to not have them :D and poor u!! that sounds like a nightmare!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.