*star* week *sigh*

ellie2409

Hi everybody,

After my last post things have been going pretty well but this week im not sure i want to weigh in! I am due to weigh in today BUT this is my first 'star' week since i lost my daughter at 20 weeks 5 weeks ago. I sneaked a peak yesterday and i was 8lbs heavier!!! I have been really good food wise so i am obviously one of the unfortunate ones who puts a lot on. I dont really want it to show on my graph as im sure this will put me in a downer mood and i might get de motivated. I guess what im asking is anybody out there who also gains a lot during this week to tell me it does go down again and that it isnt something i have done.. thanku! x

Hi everybody,

After my last post things have been going pretty well but this week im not sure i want to weigh in! I am due to weigh in today BUT this is my first 'star' week since i lost my daughter at 20 weeks 5 weeks ago. I sneaked a peak yesterday and i was 8lbs heavier!!! I have been really good food wise so i am obviously one of the unfortunate ones who puts a lot on. I dont really want it to show on my graph as im sure this will put me in a downer mood and i might get de motivated. I guess what im asking is anybody out there who also gains a lot during this week to tell me it does go down again and that it isnt something i have done.. thanku! x

Hey, not everyone gains when it's * week. I suggest drinking lots of water to prevent water retention (sounds silly but it works) try drinking peppermint or green tea... these will also help with retention.

I have gained during * week before, and I have also had my biggest losses around then too.... it varies.
If you do gain, don't let it throw you off track. You will probably get a bigger loss the week after to make up for it! xx

You have clearly had a terrible time recently, and I think you need to go easy on yourself. and stop thinking that things are your fault.

Most women have a gain in star week anyway, so you won't be alone in this, and with all the hormonal and emotional upheaval you have had it will take some time for things to settle down.

If it shows up on your statistics, well so what? They are only figures. Don't let them get you down - people will understand.

I can't imagine the pain that you and your partner have had to suffer and I think that you are being amazingly strong and an inspiration by losing weight. A lot of women either maintain or gain during * week. It's possible to retain over 1/2 stone so don't worry about what you're seeing on the scales. I echo a previous post, drink lots of water to help. I know it sounds counter productive but if you're well hydrated your body won't hold onto the extra fluid. Good luck and I'm sure you'll see a big loss next week. Xx

Thank you, and youre right i think i am being hard on myself. I think apart of me thinks its my fault, for being technically obese, for what happened even though we dont know why. I feel like if i dont get to a healthy weight im not doing my daughter any justice. THank you all for your kind words, i do feel more relaxed about being heavier, i am sticking with it and hope to see a loss in the next couple of weeks, i know in my self i havent cheated on this. x

Back