STAR week

LisaC

Gold Member
Just before joining SW in March I was put on hormone tablets by my Dr which means Ive had no periods since being on SW.

My consultants mentions it every now & then & I assume she means that if someone has a gain at this time its no biggy.

Im due to come off my tablets in the next week or so & go back on to the pill & I just wondered do most people gain/sts when its their star week?? Just so I know what to expect as Ive not had this yet...

Hey :) It doesn't seem to do much to my losses, I think once I had a 0.5 loss but that was down to the junk I ate lol. As long as you drink plenty of water it's fine, the only reason that you would gain is if you retained water (which drinking more will sort out) or if you eat rubbish food! :D xxx

yeah, I think the whole 'star' week thing is just an excuse to feel a bit sorry for yourself and eat some junk and then blame it on the boogie, so to speak.

I've done it, I had my 'star' week and craved chocolate. Didn't have any though, but DID have fish and chips. And still lost a pound, yerrrsssss!!

It does make a difference to me. Sometimes as much as 3 - 4lbs. It does come off again the following week. I'm sure it's fluid retention as I live on the loo, all through the nigh too, once I actually come on. But I drink load of water and it really doesn't help.

Lynda

:( aw Lynda. I never really suffered with it so I probably sounded really unsympathetic above so I'm sorry. I DO suffer with cake retention or chips retention or chinese food retention around rag week though...

Im usually bend double in pain :( so I can't be active in the slightest that week so I'll have to drink water & hope for the best. Although like Lynda I spend my life on the loo even if I drink nothing all day!

When I did WW that 'week' had no effect with me but it could be different...I'll have to wait & see.

I suffer really badly with bloating. I dont crave anything, as make sure that I up my carbs and very rarely eat chocolate so nothing to miss.
Some months I can loose, some I stay the same and other times I gain anything up to 7lbs and its water, not eating rubbish I can assure you!
If you are prepared for it, you will be fine. I also find that taking water tablets help too.

i fluxorate depending on how my star week effects me, especially with cramps grrr. Been warned though I went on the injection first mega cravings it was hell nothing i could do for three months but on a stone then the pill and put on the weight it is hellish no more hormonal support for me thank you v.much :)

i put on 1/2 lb last week and although i had had a bit of naughty food, i also wonder if star week could have added to it as i just "felt" heavy, then once id come on was going to the loo loads and felt much better. i guess the truth will be in this weeks weigh in. never noticed it before but prob more aware of it now im weighing in.

I'm the same as you Mrs V.
I can put on, STS, or even lose. Its different each month. I never have cravings either... ever.
I dont really eat chocolate anyway, so Im not missing out there either.
I have suffered for 30 years with terrible monthly's, until earlier this year when I finally got something done about it.... but before... for all those years, I could gain right up to half a stone, honestly. And with my hand on my heart, it wasnt from being bad.
Im just one of those unlucky women who suffered.
My first star week on SW, I actually LOST 4 lbs, and then my next one I gained 1.5.
So, it varies........ so dont be fretting about it too much. You never know.... you could be lucky and be ok. :D

I suffer really badly with bloating. I dont crave anything, as make sure that I up my carbs and very rarely eat chocolate so nothing to miss.
Some months I can loose, some I stay the same and other times I gain anything up to 7lbs and its water, not eating rubbish I can assure you!
If you are prepared for it, you will be fine. I also find that taking water tablets help too.

It does make a difference to me too! I had a contraception coil put in 2 years ago and it's supposed to make my periods lighter and it doesn't. I have always had short cycles so my star weeks come around A LOT quicker than many people and I feel like I'm PMT'ing all of the time. I always get a really painful tummy and gain a few pounds... even if I have been good. I did weigh yesterday because I'm on star week again and it showed I had gained about 4lb so I really hope it doesn't reflect my weigh in on Thurs.

Hayley xx

The times I have gained have not been star weeks, but I do suffer from horrible bloating and grumps. I DO get bad water retention but I combat that with HERBAL aqua ban the few days before...doesn't seem to be a problem as much now.

However, it's WI tonight and it's star week - and I expect a gain. But that's because I have not been on plan fully this week. I was fed up before star week and it's just not been condusive to a good week SW wise. But it's the junk I've eaten that's the problem...not star week lol.

The one thing I could always guarantee when I lost weight before was that I would lose on star week! Weird, huh? So you never know, it could work in your favour!

Back