star week

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by abigail09, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    is there anything that can be done to prevent a gain on a star week, ive been looking through my old book and ive NEVER lost on a star week, most of the time gain half a lb. it always knocks me sideways even though im expecting to stay the same it gets me down.

does anyone have any tricks, ive heard you can get water retention pills is this true?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    drink lots of water i guess flush it though. I'm on star week to this week and thats what i'm doing so will let u know my loss on sat

4. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    this is my first period in a year and im really interested to see how it effects me on the scales!

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

to stop hungrey cravings I would suggest having a green day and don't get to down if it the weight goes up because the following week will come off, so need to self-sabbatage :)

6. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i've drunk three pints of water and not pee'd once this morning, i am concerned! haha! i'm going to weigh-in and put on like a stone at this rate!

7. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World

Lol:p

I don't think there can be much you can do as its just your body reacting to good old mother nature!!

I had my 8week last week & gained 1lb & was absolutly gutted. In fact I spent all week worrying about it, thinking i was going to start gaining loads of weight now:eek: Anyway - WI this week & i lost 2 lb again so not to worried anymore :)

8. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i pee'd (phew!) haha! and lost 2lbs! not sure what that means for my *week yet, so i will monitor over the next few months!

Good luck Abigail09

9. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't know if this happens to everyone, but the week before my star week I get so hungry. Up to now I've managed to control my hunger cravings the week before * week by having green days (and having lots of healthy options) and have not gained the following week when I'm on, but we are all different.

10. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I had my * week whilst i was on holiday - so, ive got Easter gain, * week gain and holiday gain all to come in a big whamme on thursday!!!

I dont have regular * weeks, so cant comment on how they affect my losses, all i know is I WANT CHOCOLATE at that time! LOL! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.