• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

STAR week

francesc

S: 12st4lb C: 11st3lb Loss: 1st1lb(8.72%)
I've noticed a few people mentioning * (star) week and just assumed that it was the week you were actually having your period. I thought it was just a cute way of putting it!

However, I came across something this morning (elsewhere) that suggested it was the week before your period.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Last week I had a tiny loss of only half a pound, and this week I have had my period,
just wondered if that could have accounted for it.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

francesc

My ponderings are that in the week before your period - you're making and retaining fluid in your womb - but the week of your period you are getting rid of it.

Not that it really matters it's the whole month not just one silly week that matters , but its bugging me.

jaylou

Gold Member
Mine is most certainly the week before. Although I don't always actually have a period, I get all the symptoms!!!

S: 16st10lb C: 14st6lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 28.2 Loss: 2st4lb(13.68%)
* week for me is the week before, but then some months it last 2 weeks (I.E. the build up, then my period) My body some ones can gain 1lb at * week or 5lb, nightmare, but least I know it comes off the next :) xxx

* week for me is 2 weeks before my period as thats the week when I always have my lowest loss , it coincides with when I ovulate apparently according to my gynae doc

I think since everyone is different its never going to be an actual answer its just when it affects you. I seem to have 2 weeks of great losses 1 week of meh itll do losses and one week where i think grrrrr is that all

S: 14st4lb C: 12st1lb G: 8st5lb BMI: 33 Loss: 2st3lb(15.5%)
For me it's the week before as I bloat and become an all dancing all singing fire breathing harpy.

Anna_Claire

S: 11st11lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 0st10lb(6.06%)
For me it's the week before, boobs are massive and stomach is swollen :( I have a male consultant so don't feel comfortable defending my monthly gain with this information so I just grin and bare it.
Is anyone honest in group about why they have a gain that week?
x

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
My * week is the week before and I always say, even put it in my diary/book as I either sts, or have a gain. If I have a gain any other time thats down to me going off the rails, but not that * week!

G: 10st7lb
Mine is the week before and I am an emotional, blobby wreck :(
Me too - emotional blobby wreck is very apt :8855:

For me it's the week before as I bloat and become an all dancing all singing fire breathing harpy.
:8855: Love that.... it's pretty much what my OH says about me the week before.

S: 16st2lb C: 15st11.5lb G: 13st7lb Loss: 0st4.5lb(1.99%)
For me it's the week before, boobs are massive and stomach is swollen :( I have a male consultant so don't feel comfortable defending my monthly gain with this information so I just grin and bare it.
Is anyone honest in group about why they have a gain that week?
x
Our group are very honest like that. None of us like to use it as an excuse, but it could sometimes be the factor. I bloat and munch until it starts and then I hardly eat at all, so it seems to balance out, depending on the day it happens. I think mine is due, could explain the late night munchies last night! :confused:

S: 12st9lb C: 11st11lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 0st12lb(6.78%)
the term star week just makes me cringe

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
S: 18st11.0lb C: 12st2lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27 Loss: 6st9lb(35.36%)
I think its different for everyone - but mines the week before AND the week during!! it always makes me starving hungry aswell!!!!!

francesc

It really is different for everyone - I haven't figured mine out yet, but I know there is definately a period (!) during the month when I crave sweet things (wine not included that's my nemisis). Rest of the month I could'nt give a damn about chocolate or sweets. I'm gonna monitor it now I'm writing a diary so for me its still watch this space ...