'Star week'

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
Hi ladies, this will seem like a really random post! But how does your monthly effect your weight? I came off the contraceptive injection 8 months ago and today is the beginnings of my first period in 9 years, boooo. I'm holed in at work until 7.40 tomorrow morn with nothing either, I can't remember what one feels like or how long it lasts except my stomach feels yuck!

What difference will this make to my weigh ins? If any at all? And any tips for getting rid of period pain would be great, bearing in mind I can't get to a shop :/

Am tempted to go back on the jab to stop them, I have no need for periods (don't ever want kids) but I was curious about life without hormones as id been on them for 14 years.

Bleughhhh

Not weighing in until next week thurs/fri so hopefully it will be done by then.

Mine is quite up and down tbh, sometimes it affects my weigh in and sometimes it doesn't... I try to drink as much peppermint/green tea as I can to help with the bloat, and Neurofen express to ease the pain. Could you maybe go for a walk on your break as light exercise helps? Also having a bath in epsom salts helps with bloat too xx

We don't to get breaks - I work in a care home, on 24 hour shifts :/ I don't feel too bloated, but then again I don't know what bloated feels like, do you always bloat on a period even if you don't feel like it? I drink way more water than most anyway, and lots of herbal/fruit tea, so maybe that's helped? Sadly I'm not allowed nurofen or any anti inflammatories as I had a kidney removed when I was young, I have codeine but it might be a bit strong haha! Thanks for ideas, I think I'm going to be stuck until I finish work. Life hasn't really been different off the hormones so I might just go back on them to stop the periods again...yuck yuck

Some months I get awful bloated just before I come on, and for the first couple of days. If I weigh in on those days I'll have a gain, but it's just bloat. Plenty of water will flush it out, so if you're good with water anyway you might not bloat up. Sods law... the days I am bloated I can't face much water.

I sometimes gain during ovulation- again hit or miss, but if I have painful ovulation I see a gain.

(I often gain because I've stuffed my face during my period, and use that as an excuse)

I haven't felt my appetite change, and I'm drinking the same. Mind you it started literally this morning, so maybe this is all to come? Eughhhh why do us women have to endure this? I wish there was an opt out form for those of us that don't want kids :(

Does it affect your weight before, during after or all? I ask because it's been so long since I had one, I have forgotten how they work lol.

If i gain then I usually have a big loss the week after, or if I lose, I get a big gain the week after... it's all very confusing lol x

Back