Start CD after doing LL

Hello everyone!

I started Lighter Life mid June to mid August this year and lost 2 stone. (whoo hoo!) I am changing over to the Cambridge Diet mainly because it is cheaper and I didn't find the cognitive behavioral sessions helpful. I was on 4 packs a day and my new CD rep has mentioned that CD isn't as restrictive and that I could do three packs and one actual food meal. I suppose I am a little scared to eat conventional food yet. I still have 4 stone to lose. With LL I would be able to go to conventional food once I got my BMI under 29. It is currently 36.

I am curious if anyone that has done both could tell me about the tastes. I could only have shakes on LL as everything else tasted awful to me. And, I only really liked the Vanilla shakes on LL. That got old really quick. Fingers crossed the CD food packs are nicer. :cool:

Also, on LL the average weight loss is 14 lbs ...is the cambridge diet around the same, too? (I realise this varies person to person...week to week).

Many thanks for your responses.
x

I was given really valuable advice when I was considering "real food". I was told it would be good for my guts, but it would work if I don't "think" of it as food. So, keep it simple, keep it bland, keep it portioned so you don't have to think about it. so it's the same as having a pack. just a different type of pack. it worked for me, and meant I ate but didn't think of it as food so didn't have a risk of slipping...

...just a thought...

x

Hiya
i did lighter life about a year ago and lost loads really quickly. Swapped over to cwp as my counsellor left plus cwp was a lot cheaper.
I actually prefer the cwp shakes as I find them much more filling and the variety of flavours are really good. The bars are ok too. I stick to the crunchy bars, any shake apart from the choc orange, and am totally loving the oriental chilli soup and porridges.
X

Back