start today but think I have been mis informed - step 2

iwillbeslim84

I started cd today on step 2 but my cd counsellor has said I can have 2 shakes and dinner. I have been reading the cd website and it says I should be having 3 plus dinner.
Also she didn't have any leaflets so she said food wise for my evening meal I can have the following:
Chicken
Turkey
Tuna
2 eggs
Green or white veg grown above the ground
But I have no idea of amounts. I really want to do this but don't want to miss out on nutrients.
I weight 19st 10 if that effects it?

I do step 2 and I have to have 3 CWP products a day and a high protein meal a day.

You can add herbs and spices as well :)

ETA: my CDC sold me a thorough booklet at the beginning of my diet. £1.50 and it even has recipes for each step to spice things up :)

Step 2 is definitely 3 packs and the meal. I think there's a milk allowance as well. And your CDC really should have given you the booklet as well. I think I might be looking to see if there's another consultant in your area! The right consultant is so important to this diet. I'm lucky as I found a great consultant straight off.

I started cd today on step 2 but my cd counsellor has said I can have 2 shakes and dinner. I have been reading the cd website and it says I should be having 3 plus dinner.
Also she didn't have any leaflets so she said food wise for my evening meal I can have the following:
Chicken
Turkey
Tuna
2 eggs
Green or white veg grown above the ground
But I have no idea of amounts. I really want to do this but don't want to miss out on nutrients.
I weight 19st 10 if that effects it?

Hi, in response to a request for some recipe ideas i'd compiled a few years ago - thought i'd try to put them on here. Apologies if there are any changes to allowable items, i haven't re-read book since my restart. Hope it helps x

810 RECIPES

Don’t forget if using both meat and cottage cheese in a dish to ensure you change quantities so not having more than daily allowance.
CHICKEN
CHICKEN KEBABS
Cut up chicken breast, marinade in spices/herbs, with lemon juice if liked, and then put it on kebab sticks with mushrooms and courgettes.
Grill 4 minutes each side and then 1 minute in the microwave and then tuck in.
Use chinese/oriental spices to marinade,omit veg and serve instead with wilted spinach/pak choi/choi/sum/Chinese leaf as desired, with half a oriental chilli soup made as a sauce.

CHICKEN BURGERS
Mince your raw chicken breast (can do this in a processor also) - guess you could do this with quorn or tofu too?
Stick in a bowl and and add
1 tbs fine chopped mushrooms
Herbs or spices to taste - I've used basil and oregano, and chilli powder
Black pepper
About 1 tsp of bouillon powder dissolved in 1 dsp hot water
Mix or squish it all together with your hands
Form into 2 or 3 'burgers'
Cook on 200 or over a BBq for about 15-20 mins
ROAST CHICKEN + STUFFING DINNER
Cook your chicken breast and slice up
Make up a sachet of chicken soup to muffin consistency and cook in the microwave as you would a muffin (see minimins recipe section- cook a little longer if you want the 'stuffing' crispier) Serve with vegetables (broccoli cauliflower roasted button mushrooms), have with celeriac chips or mash and bouillon gravy or use half the soup as stuffing and the other half as sauce.
STIR FRY
Chicken or turkey done as a stir-fry in that 1-cal spray fry, with mushrooms, courgettes and asparagus. With a little fat-free yoghurt added too and some herbs.
STUFFED CHICKEN:
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut a pocket in the side of chicken breast. Blanch the spinach in a little boiling water until wilted. Or place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and place in a bowl with some finely chopped mushroom and cottage cheese/yoghurt/fromage frais. Stir to combine. Stuff chicken breast with the mixture. Sear on a hot griddle pan for a few minutes on each side, then transfer to a non-stick baking sheet grill pan. May need to secure with cocktail sticks. Spray lightly with Fry Light and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables or salad and use chicken & mushroom or mushroom soup mixed up with less water as a sauce.
Chicken with cd chickmush soup/sauce, rocket salad with balsamic vinegar.
Warm chicken salad - Spray fry or dry fry small pieces of chicken or quorn pieces and sliced button mushrooms, sprinkle some marigold reduced salt boullion as seasoning and balsamic vinegar and reduce. Have on salad or with hot vegetables.
SAUCES
Sprinkle the bouillon powder over chicken pieces before grilling for extra flavour.
If using fromage frais instead of milk mix with spices to make a tandoori style coating.
Use mushroom, chicken & mushroom, veg and spicy oriental soups (or any savoury you like) as sauces over chicken, fish or broccoli/cauliflower.
Make crisps out of half a pack of soup then use the rest as a sauce over the chicken. Makes the plate look a bit fuller
VEGETABLES
Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Par boil whole green cabbage for 5 minutes so the leaves peel away easily and keep them whole.
Meanwhile in a bowl mix minced turkey/quorn/chicken, grate in some courgette, mushroom and cauliflower. Add in salt, pepper and paprika to season.
Wrap a small ball of the mince in one of the cabbage leaves. Put in ovenproof dish. Once they're all in cover the parcels in stock made from Marigold Bouillion or CD savoury drink powder. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or so on high.

Mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese, herbs and then bake it in the oven
Mixed half the cottage cheese allowance with half of the tuna allowance. Added a tiny bit of mustard powder and some pepper. Piled it into the mushrooms and baked until they were browned on the top. Served it with some iceberg lettuce with a drizzle of Kraft Fat-free dressing.
CELERIAC CHIPS:
Peel the celeriac, then cut the celeriac into thumb-thick slices and then into fat chips. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Bring a very large saucepan of water to the boil, throw in the chips and blanch (boil rapidly, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes). Drain the chips. Sprinkle with black pepper, boullion, curry powder or any seasoning of choice and toss until well coated. Spread the chips over baking tray, leaving plenty of space and spray lightly with fry light. Bake for approx 30 minutes.
CELERIAC MASH:
Boil chopped celeriac for approx 20 mins, drain, add black pepper/seasoning, mash.
CAULIFLOWER MASH:
Boil cauliflower, drain, add black pepper/seasoning. Make up small boullion gravy or small leek & potato soup/sauce add to cauliflower and mash.
Cauliflower Cheese:
Chop up some cauliflower, and some strips of courgettes
Boil up the cauliflower until it starts to soften (only takes a few mins)
Drain the cauliflower and put both veg into a baking dish (the par-boiled cauliflower and the raw courgette)
Mix up the cottage cheese with coriander and a sprinkling of some pepper (becomes strong when cooked so only a little is needed.)
Mix a few spoonfuls of the cottage cheese mixture in with the veg
Pour the remaining cottage cheese over the top
Place in the oven at 200 degrees (fan assisted) for 10minutes
Then place under the grill (on full) for a further 5-7 minutes to brown the top
Cheesy Courgette Strips:
Slice the courgette into strips longways or little round discs, I tried both!
Place the courgette onto a baking tray under the grill for a few minutes on each side to soften slightly (they also taste nice griddled first if you like the chargrilled taste!)
Mix up the cottage cheese as above with pepper and coriander or whichever herbs you like
Once the courgettes are half cooked place them on the baking tray/foil, spoon the cottage cheese mixture onto them (it does not seem to melt over the sides so it can be piled quite high depending on how cheesy you like things)
Place under the grill for about 5minutes or until the cheese starts to brown on top
Dry fry some courgette, mushroom add pak choi for the last 2 mins with spices of choice. Put the veggies in a nice bowl then the cooked meat/fish/quorn on top, sprinked with a little more pepper.

FISH
Make a paste out of a small amount of curry powder and water and spread it on top of the fish. Bake it for a bit until it's cooked and serve it with a few vegetables.
Dry fried cabbage, spinach and courgettes add tin of tuna and bit low fat natural yoghurt/fromage frais or really light dressing.
Cod fillet, celeriac or caulliflower mash (made with leek & pot soup/sauce and black pepper or low fat yoghurt/fromage frais).
Large lettuce leaves wrapped round tuna or cottage cheese with thin shredded cucumber really light mayo.
To avoid tuna being ‘dry’ mix half the daily amount with half the daily amount of cottage cheese, with added Shwatrtz- no- salt season all’ or other herbs, and pepper. Serve with salad leaves and balsamic glaze.

QUORN
10ozs of Quorn mince and cooked it in some water with some button mushrooms. Add one sachet of the CD Chicken & Mushroom Soup - less water than is usually required to thicken it up a little. Added a little pepper and some seasoning.
Mock Shepherds Pie:
The base of this is made from quorn mince -cook in a frying pan straight from frozen, adding in herbs and some coarse ground black pepper, stirring until softened. Spoon this into the bottom of a baking dish.
The mash is made from brocolli or cauliflower or a mix of both - The veg is boiled until quite soft and then drained and mashed up to form a mock mash potato. Add herbs and pepper. This is then layered on top of the mince in the baking dish.
Top the dish with some cottage cheese (again mixed with herbs and pepper) and place under the grill on high until browned.
Mock Chicken Bake:
For the base of this use the quorn chicken pieces. Brown these in a frying pan mixed with some strips of courgette and using a few sprays of the 1cal spray oil to help it along a bit, this normally takes about 5 minutes. Spoon this mix into the bottom of a baking dish. (can use cd sauce if wish)
Make some mash as above. This is then layered on top of the quorn chicken pieces and courgette in the baking dish.
Top the dish with some cottage cheese, again mixed with herbs and pepper.
This is then placed in the oven for about 10minutes (180 degrees, fan assisted oven) to make sure the quorn chicken is cooked through, then finish under the grill.
Can be made with any combination of meat/veg.
Curried quorn bake:
Cook daily allowance of quorn with chopped courgette, mushroom or any other veg, add plenty of curry spices, then add in half or a full pack of spicy tom/ oriental chilli soup (or water/stock if preferred) to make a thick sauce. Put in dish. Top with daily allowance of cottage cheese mixed with seasoning. (Shwartz -no added salt- season all works well) grill until bubbling. Makes two days meals.
STUFFED MARROW:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut marrow in half lengthways, using metal spoon scoop out seeds. Spray fry light onto foil and place marrow on top. Micro/dry/spray fry quorn mince. In wok/pan fry finely diced mushrooms and courgettes, add the quorn. Pour in small gravy of marigold reduced salt boullion, or small sauce made from CD soup (keep some sauce to pour over after). Place quorn mixture into scooped out marrow. Wrap marrow halves together in foil. Bake for approx 40 mins until tender

Quorn mince dry fried with cabbage, spinach and courgettes with cd leekpot soup/sauce & black pepper or marigold boullion.

SALADS
Salad leaves with tuna and cottage cheese with some fat-free blue cheese salad dressing.
Any of the meat/quorn dishes served with mixed salad leaves.

If not using soup as sauces or in cooking can have frozen tetra ice cream or choc bar for pud.
Lots of seasoning is essential if you don’t like ‘plain’ foods. Any curry/spice blends are useful, but be careful of high levels of salt in some. Shwartz-no added salt- season all, and the chicken variety is useful as it has no salt.
Useful and really tasty dressing for cooked meats/salads is Balsamic glaze. You can buy really expensive reductions for £6+ or Asda do one for £2 which tastes just as good!

You will find more ideas on this thread below...

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/6108-810-meal-ideas-12.html

The book you should have is the Cambridge Weight Plan Steps Programme...I think some consultants might charge for this?

Allowable foods

Choose one portion of protein-rich foods from the list below and cook in a healthy way:

70g Soya beans, dried weight (v)
80g Red lentils, dried weight (v)
80g Chickpeas, dried weight (v)
80g Black eyed beans, dried weight (v)
96g Aduki beans, dried weight (v)
190g Tuna steak, fresh
225g Chickpeas, Canned, drained (v)
245g Chucken or Turkey breast without skin/fat
250g Pre-cooked prawns
250g Cottage cheese plain (less than 5% fat) (v)
260g Tinned tuna (in water/brine)*
275g White fish fillet, e.g cod, haddock
275g Quorn mince, Pieces (v)
325g Cottage cheese, reduced fat (less than 2% fat) (v)
350g Steamed tofu (v)
2 Large Eggs (v)

* The government recommends that if you are planning a pregnancy you should limit the amount of tinned tuna you eat to no more than four medium-sized tins (about 140g when drained) or two tuna steaks (about 179g raw weight each) per week.

(v) = Suitable for vegetarians

Please note that all weights are uncooked weights.

Add an 80g portion of any cooked or raw vegetables or salad listed below:

Asparagus
Broccoli
Cabbage (even pickled)
Cauliflower
Celeriac
Celery
Chinese leafy greens (including pak choi and chinese cabbage)
Courgette
Cucumber
Fennel
Green peppers
Green salad leaves (including lettuce, lamb's lettuce, radicchio, little gem, rocket and romaine)
Kale
Leeks
Marrow
Mushroom
Red radishes
Spinach
Spring onions
Watercress

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes. Thank you.

Hope this helps :)

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/6108-810-meal-ideas-12.html

I am doing SS+ and had no idea what to eat, cdc said she would email me the list but hasn't bothered. Can plan my dinner now tonight. Thanks for the list :)

Back