Start tomorrow 5 stone to go!

AngelicBee

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new and start a SW class tomorrow morning. I have five stone to lose and would appreciate any tips and tricks - I'm gluten free too.

Is anyone else in essex?? Support would be great as I was nervous about being able to get my head around SW x x

Thank you

Best of luck. You can do it. Just focus on smaller milestones rather than the 5 stone as that can seem quite hard to achieve at first.

Welcome and good luck! I would suggest setting some time aside to sit down after your group meeting and read the books in your welcome pack thoroughly. SW can seem complicated at first but it really isn't - you will soon get used to it!

Thank you I will try setting my focus of one stone at a time as it is quite daunting when you think five stone

I am going to give them a good going through - what do you get when joining up and is there anything you would suggest as worth adding to it for helping me along hehe I am excited too x x

The toppest top tip I can give you is planning. I plan my meals for the week on a Sunday/Monday. I make sure I've got my heathy extras planned and bought and that I'm within my syn limit every day. Of course I don't always follow the meal plan exactly to the letter but it helps to have an idea of what I'm going to be eating (it helps with shopping as well and cuts down on putting stuff into the trolley I don't really need!

Thank you Sally I popped to asda today and got bfree wraps muller light cathedral light cous cous quark to help me along hehe x

I'm with Sally on that one! I try to plan, and just get what I need. We live in the city centre, and don't have a car, so we're at the mercy of the small supermarkets (absolute nightmare!) We also only have a tiny fridge and a freezer drawer, so not much good doing big shops.

Every month of so, I do an online shop to stock up on store cupboard staples. I try to plan all my meals at the start of the week, and either base them on what I have in, or do a shop to get the meals ready.

Good luck!

Thank you, I enjoyed class today and was told to do SW cooked breakfast this week and build on that x fingers crossed x

SW cooked. Rekkie is the best!!!

good luck hun you can do it..take little steps

Well done for joining! You can do it, it is easy to get your head round the plan and with some planning ahead and a good shop you'll be well on your way. That first week loss is generally a big one and should give you all the incentive you need to keep going. Also the awards in group every half stone, club 10 and maybe even slimmer of the week are all great to give you a boost.

I got my 5 stone award a couple of weeks ago, I can't believe how far I've come and can honestly remember like it was yesterday coming on here at the start in complete awe of the bigger losers wondering if I could really do it.
You can do it! Slimming World works, just stick to plan and the weight will come off!! Good luck xx

Aww welldone and thank you

It feels good to start and the food choices are great like you said I am like wow can I really do what others have done hehe fingers crossed and I'm going for it x x

Back