Started again for the very last time

Melaniep

I started Cambridge again 10 days ago after 18 months away and was horrified at the amount I have put on, 5 stone. Not only that, but I was half a stone heavier than when I started lighterlife 7 years ago.

I had to start on step 3 as my BMI was 1 point above the max for step 2, although I can eat it is still hard and not going into ketosis makes it harder. I have decided to stick to this step for a while it makes it easier with work, plus I can hide it from people I don't want to know.

In my first week I lost 9lb, over the moon, but week 2 seems to be tougher going

On the plus side I found the mini minns app.

Well done on losing 9lbs in your first week:happy096:

Hang in there you are doing great!

Keep going. At least having done it before you know what weight losses you've got to look forward to. Good Luck!

I restarted 2 weeks ago tomorrow, after regaining almost 4st over the last 2 years. We did it once, we can do it again.

Well done on your 9lb loss. :)

Well done on your 9lbs, and on being brave enough to start again, I've been putting it off for ages. I've put back on a substantial amount of the 4 stone I lost the first time round, so disappointed with myself, but tomorrow is my first weigh in so fingers crossed. You'll do it =)

It's been a long 4 weeks, struggled with body and mind, so decided 810 is the way forward, at least comfort of ketosis. Lost a total of 1st 3lb, which is great, but I know I could have done better if I'd stuck to it even 90%. Here's hoping to a big number next Monday

Went into ketosis quickly, which was a bonus, now just dealing with the food demons in my head, feeling hungry today, must stay strong though, hoping for a good weigh in Monday

Food demons won last night, but only protein, hopefully still a good weight loss this week

Hey Melanie :)
I'm also returning to Cambridge.
I started in 2008 & lost 4 stone in 3 months. But then like most things i do in life, i gave up. I'm finally in the right mind set to tackle my weight for the final time (like you) and i started again yesterday. I'm heavier now than i ever have been, but i'm determind to lose 10 stone asap!! I'm not too sure how much you have to lose? But i'd love a buddy!! Messege me! & Goood luck! :D xx

xSinead said:
Hey Melanie :)
I'm also returning to Cambridge.
I started in 2008 & lost 4 stone in 3 months. But then like most things i do in life, i gave up. I'm finally in the right mind set to tackle my weight for the final time (like you) and i started again yesterday. I'm heavier now than i ever have been, but i'm determind to lose 10 stone asap!! I'm not too sure how much you have to lose? But i'd love a buddy!! Messege me! & Goood luck! :D xx

I have along way to go too, I know what you mean about ASAP, my life has been on hold and I want to start living it, I want the weight to of gone by end of this year, I don't want to waste another year of my life.

I feel exactly the same!! I'm nearly 22 years old & i haven't had a life at all. I want to do so many things, and i can't. Cambridge works though, so i know we'll do it! We just have to stay motivated! How much weight do you want to lose? x

I hate weekends, used to look forward to them, now dread them as I can't stop eating, think I need a hobby diet is only going to take longer otherwise

I'm in ketosis now, so im not feeling hungry.. i just want this week to fly by so i can get weighed, hoping for a big weight loss on week 1!!

I need to lose another 11 stone, already lost just over 1. It will take most of this year, but I'm prepared for that. You need to do it now, I first tried 2005 and messed about with it for years, took 2 years off any vlcd and now ready for it.

So we have basically the same amount to lose!! We should help each other :) I need a buddy!! Do you have a goal date of when you'd like to achieve your weight loss by? I'd love to lose 7/8 stone by october/november, and 10 stone by february 2013 if not sooner!!

Yours sound more realistic than mine, want the 11 stone gone by Christmas, would be over the moon if sooner, 8 stone on top of the 1 already gone by October would be my dream come true, going on a late holiday this year to give me the time to lose it.

Could do with a diet buddy too, I have friends dieting, but have no idea about Cambridge and how it affects you

8 stone is SO possible by october!! You can sooo do it, i'll help you :) - Cambridge is really hard, there comes a point where you really do start to miss certain foods (for me mainly pasta and bread) but i guess thats the times when you need some extra support. How are you finding drinking all the water? Do you have facebook? xx

It can be done, just the demons in my head sabotaging myself. I miss chocolate the most, even though all my packs are chocolate flavour its not the same, will def be getting bars this week. We can both do it, yep I'm on Facebook. Water is easy during the week, bit harder at the weekend, I use a pint glass and make sure I have at least 4 a day

Back