Started Atkins a week ago today

mellowman

Hi, I've been viewing this forum for a while (looking for hints and tips)

I started Atkins 7 days ago, weighed myself this morning (making sure It was the same time of day as last time) and I've lost 8lbs. I need to lose approx 3 stone so I'm planning on staying in the induction phase for 4 weeks.

I do have a question for you that i can't seem to get the answer for (maybe not looked properly :)

I know I've to stay under 20g of Net carbs per day to stay in Ketosis, so my question is about that.

I've looked at promax bars as a meal replacement whilst i'm at work or otherwise busy, one 60g bar has 18.4g of carbs. Do I deduct the fiber of 5.1g making its net carbs 13.3g or has this already been done and the net carbs for this bar/meal is 18.4g?

Sorry to ramble on, thanks for all the tips you guys have posted.

I'll try and contribute as best I can on my weight loss journey :)

Can't help you with your query as I have just started myself but well done on your amazing loss!

In the uk fibre carbs are already taken off so figure will be net carbs - it's USA products that need the maths done xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awww, that's a shame, still at least I found out before I started eating them. No way am I using nearly all my daily carb allowance on a bar when I could have bacon and eggs!

Thanks for letting me know :)

Back