Started Dukan Today

Hi all,

Im Adele and Ive started the Dukan Diet today. I hope to lose a stone on this diet due to weight gain over Xmas :cry:

I'll keep a record of what I eat and what I lose each week.

Last Thurs I weighed 9stone 11 lbs and am 5ft 3''. I want to be under 9stone preferably by end of Jan. Fingers crossed!

Any tips on Dukan snacks in the attack phase? Are seafood sticks and fridgeraiders allowed?

Thanks,
Adele

Thanks Yogi,

Been reading your blog and youre doing really well - well done!
I'm a bit worried about the health concerns on some websites? But I want to lose it fast.

Joined weightwatchers in July and lost 12 pounds, only to put 9 of it back on over xmas ;-(

Really let myself down.

Anyway onwards and upwards! Good luck x

Good luck! I've started today :)

Good luck Adele and Welcome! Only advice I can give about Attack is that though it seems really tough at first, it does ease up. You will lose any cravings. Just be sure to have plenty of cooked lean meats on hand so you can grab something whenever you want. Eat, eat, eat. I'm restarting today to lose an additional stone (maintained original loss and then some!)

PS - don't forget to update your stats

Welcome to Dukan! I thought seafood sticks were limited during attack, or maybe during cruise? I know one of the veterans would be able to help with that, though I certainly limit mine to about 8 a day (and quickly get a teeny bit sick of them!!) Best thing is as Jess said - keep lots of snacks to hand in the fridge - best being pure protein such as chicken breast. And eat even when you're not that hungry - during attack just keep picking at protein and constantly sip water and you'll be through it in no time at all :)

Good luck x

I've lost 5.5 st with WW in the past and put back on 4 and lost it again and then put back on 3! Last time I joined I was made to feel like I was paying for my sins rather than succeeding in losing the weight so I stopped going. Also I found I was using points on rubbish rather then healthy food so the discipline of Dukan suits me better. Have to say the articles I have read that put Dukan down or say its unhealthy are usually quoting misinformation and the writer often hasn't bothered to find out about the plan properly. There will always be someone against everything you do so I just go with how I feel and what I research myself :)

Welcome Adele,

I found attack really easy to follow, I did 6 days and honestly could have done more. Make sure you drink plenty of water.

Ive lost 1 1/2 st on SW before starting the Dukan. I chose to follow the Dukan plan after buying the book and thinking yes I can do this and reviewing peoples results.

Im loving it so far and I'm sure you will too.
The Ladies on here are very friendly so any questions ask away.

Trace :)

End of day one and ive survived! lol

didnt find it too bad at all...have eaten:

breakfast- natural fat free yoghurt with 1 tbsp oatbran (yum!)

lunch - turkey breast pieces (tikka flavour)
poached egg
2 slices ham

snack - wafer thin ham
2 bags of fridgeraiders chicken breast

tea - natural yoghurt with 1/2 tbsp of oatbran (wasnt hungry-probs due to 3 L water consumption lol)

Managed 2 gym classes tonight and had loads of energy, which i found very surprising considering no carbs?!

Had a few cuppas with skimmed milk too and 2 diet cokes.

Having a diet drink now

Overall, a good (and fairly easy) start.

No cravings yet...

Hi Adele, welcome. Dukan gets much easier especially when you move onto cruise. I would ne careful with fridge raiders as they are processed, watch out for the fat and sugar content. Am not sure if they're aloud. The rest sounds great :) good luck on the rest of your week xx

Hi I've also just started Dukan today. Lost 1 1/2 stone on WW last year but put it all back on while on holiday and over Xmas! I have decided I also need a stricter diet. I have started this morning at 13st 3lb. Hoping to get down to the 11st I was in 2010 when I met my OH!! Looking to be getting married early 2013 so need to be super slim by then!! Today I have had :

Breakfast - 1 Egg Scrambled with 2 slices of ham. Tea with skimmed milk.

Lunch - 1 hard boiled Egg, 1 oat pancake, 4 slices of ham

Snack - Prawns

Dinner - steak with soy sauce, Ginger & garlic. Non Fat natural yogurt with a sprinkle of sweetener.

Have also drink just over 1.5l water, done a 25 minute walk and a small amount of exercise.

Actually feeling really good - don't feel bloated or sluggish like normal. Good luck to everyone else starting today :)

Avoid the fridgeraiders - they contain 12% fat which is far too high.

If you need chicken nibbles, you could try baking your own, by dreging fresh chicken chunks in herbs, spices, yogurt etc and baking. pop them into sandwich bags in the fridge and you have lunchtime snacks, ready to go.

Back