started fresh 5 days ago and no loss yet

tanya12

:confused: so i have been doing it for 5 days now and still no loss not even 1lb why is this? surely i cant be eating only the 4 packs n salad and going gym as usual but not loosing i have been using keto stix and am most defo in ketosis so really dont understand why i am not losing at all, i know it does take time but tomorrow is day 6 so im nearly at the week mark n if i havnt lost anything by then im nearly sure il give up :sigh:

Not what I meant. I meant; did you arrive at your current weight after a massive 5 day food binge or did you put it on over multiple years? If you DID put it on over 5 days you can probably lose it in 5 days, if you didn't, then it's illogical to think you can.

oh lol no i have a underactive thyroid and didnt know about it untill 5 months ago so am onmeds now and trying to lose the weight i did sns for 4 weeks and was losing a average of 5 lb a week n then i had 2 weeks break, didnt gain or lose in that break but am back on track the last 5 days n thats why im wondering why i havnt nost anything over the 5 days as i was losing so well before

Also be careful going to the gym in the first few weeks of a VLCD :( the companies advise that you take it easy until your body gets used to do few calories

Last edited:
If you've had a break give your body time, water may be clinging. Drink plenty and stuck to it, it will start moving soon

Gym is fine if you already workout, i been going since say three with no issue. Drink and take it sensibly!

Hope those scales drop for you soon. It can be frustrating when the scales don't move after a few days, another reason I try my best not to weigh in anymore than once per week! I have succeeded for the past 2 weeks lol.
Once I weighed myself 4 days after official weigh in day and the scales hadn't dropped one bit... I was annoyed but carried on.

But yeah I agree drink your water and keep going and they'll drop soon enough. I mean they have to if you're sticking to plan!

I also was told to avoid the gym on a vlcd but if you feel good then maybe it is ok for you. I am wondering if you are going to the gym a lot then perhaps you could be losing fat but gaining muscle which is heavier. Do you measure yourself at all? Maybe that would help to gauge progress. Best of luck hun, don't give up x

Rocky Road said:
I also was told to avoid the gym on a vlcd but if you feel good then maybe it is ok for you. I am wondering if you are going to the gym a lot then perhaps you could be losing fat but gaining muscle which is heavier. Do you measure yourself at all? Maybe that would help to gauge progress. Best of luck hun, don't give up x

You wouldn't gain muscle that quickly, and muscle weighs the same as fat-it's just more dense!
If you're doing a lot of exercise, it could more likely be your existing Muscles holding water to repair themselves :)

How much water are you drinking hun...... I bet if you up your water intake it will start to move!! X

Back