Step 1 Sole Source Started today, 8 weeks to lose 2st?

Hi everyone, started Cambridge Diet Sole Source this morning and so far so good, I have literally tried every diet on the planet(it feels that way!)including some really ridiculous(boiled egg diet)some dangerous(ephedrine diet pills)some disgusting(cabbage soup)and finally gave weight watchers a good try last year, losing 2st, but i'm so utterly bored with pointing and having to think about food that it's not working for me anymore, and I think CD is the best option for me right now, I've still got around 2st to lose and want to do this in 8-9 weeks, does this sound reasonable? Sick and tired of hearing the same old tired opinions that '1lb-2lb a week is the recommended healthy weight loss'...I don't see the point in being super strict with myself, planning meals and sacrificing wine just to lose 1lb a week! That would take me 6 MONTHS to lose 2st, and I'm not willing to wait that long! I'm doing a home weigh-in every Monday for the next 4 weeks, wish me luck!:p

Good luck with ur new journey. U can defo lose that amount,they say u shld lose a stone a month. U've got about the same amount as me to lose, I'm hoping to have got to 1 stone lose at weigh in tom then have another 2st to go which I'm hoping to lose in the nxt 9 wks b4 I go on hol. Is a hard diet but so worth it cause like u say with the others u never seem to c a result & it takes forever,no other diet can give u the amazing results that this one can.
How r u finding day 1?
Xx

Good luck! CD really is worth the struggles at the start when you see results so quickly :) xx

Thanks! I'm finding it really good so far no cravings had fiorst shake this morning, not bad at all and nicer than I was expecting, another shake in an hour for my lunch then i'll have a soup at 6-7pm. I know what you mean about getting impatient, when I was on the weight watchers my losses slowed right down to 1lb or 2lb a week if I was really strict(ie no alcohol no treats and cutting my points down to bare minimum!)and it just didn't seem worth the effort, I can't wait to see some real visible results! How are you both finding it, i'm motivated just now & want to do it 100% no cheating first 2 weeks, are either of you in ketosis and does this affect your appetite(not just hunger pangs) x

Ah that's good - and you WILL see results fast! I'm finding it fine now, there has definitely been ups and downs (and by downs I mean literally being an emotional wreck!), but it just gets easier and easier with each week that goes by. I'm in ketosis and I only ever really feel hunger at night now when I'm trying to sleep, during the day I feel absolutely fine! x

If I'm honest i'm finding it a bit hard to drink the shakes, I had a really sore head yesterday and the thought of my next shake made me retch a little, not a good start haha! I was wondering if it's possible to substitute one of my 3 daily shakes for a small portion of quorn(i'm veggie)with some curry powder/soy sauce(no more than a tablespoon)as I think i'm going to struggle having nothing but the shakes. My ''dinner'' will only be 135 calories, 1.6g carbs, and 21g protein so relatively same nutrition wise as my shake, do you think this will affect ketosis or slow my losses down? Don't want a disappointing weigh in next week so if I can't substitute a shake for quorn in the evening then I won't! Thanks :)

no that should be fine, sounds like a ss+ meal and therefore losses won't really be affected :) have a look for information about ss+ and that should help you xx

Back