Started today. help needed please

autumnbabe

Gold Member
I have been to my first meeting today and the leader was so helpful. But i think was filled with to much information and now im starting to worry and get confused at what i am meant to be eating and if im eating is ok.
Im confused, can i have as much free food as i want??
And what about healthy extra and syns

im not even sure what i can eat. that are free foods and healthy extras

Please could someone help me a little. I think im just a little over whelmed with all the information.
Thanks

Hey there, and welcome to your SW journey! :) Don't panic, just take an hour or two this evening to really sit and read through the book and get your head around it all... there's a thread on here which explains the basics: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

But yes you can eat as much free food as you need to, in order to satisfy your appetite. Make sure you weigh and measure your healthy extras, and write down all your syns, and you'll be flying before you know it :) I know it seems like a lot of information but it's bascially just a healthy, balanced diet, with a few rules to keep you on the straight and narrow.

If you've got any more questions once you've had a good read let us know! xx

You do need to read your book, and the other leaflets you were given. When I started I used to read at least part of the book every day. It's the only way it will sink in - it takes time, and you might make mistakes, but soon it will get easier.

You will soon get your head around around it don't panic, its so easy once you know what you are doing. Good luck with your weight loss journey x

I did re read books a few times yesterday. I think also once we have done our weekly shop it will be better.

Using the food diary sheets in your pack will help you get an idea of what to do, I felt overwhelmed on my 1st week with all the symbols and different acronyms but the diary helped me a lot. The link above to the advice thread is awesome and really helpful.

The important concepts to get your head around are Free Foods, Superfree Foods and Syns, followed by your Healthy Extras. Most importantly- trust the plan! Good luck!

I was overwhelmed at the beginning too and just didn't want to eat anything but I started to read through the books and reading all the success stories in the books and online and they really got me motivated. Just check your book for the Syn values before you eat anything because I made the mistake of thinking Pitta Bread was okay but it's 8 syns each and I ate 2 one day then checked to see how many Syns and got a shock! But anyway you should be fine once you read through the books, good luck ! :)

Thanks so much for all your help. I sat down today got loads of meals sorted. I know what value they are. So off shopping tomo.
I also had a tortilla wrap on my 1st day then looked and it was 9 syns. Lol won't do that again.
Thanks again. I feel a bit more organised today

Back