started xenical today, have a question if anyone could help please?

assj

Silver Member
Hi, well day 1 on xenical, bit nervous but looking forward to the rewards. I am going to have for dinner tonight, half a chicken breast, light choices carrot and swede mash and some cauliflower, now could i have some bisto gravy with that?

thanks xxx:D

ps. fifth time i have tried to post this :mad:

Do you mean the stuff you just make up with granules and boiling water?
If so, I have that quite often and I've always been fine with it - but then again, I think I've got cast iron guts because not much affects me on Xenical!!
The ingredients should be on the side of the jar/packet though? You're looking for it to contain less than 5g fat per 100g of product.

Good luck with your Xenical adventure - and try not to be too nervous. As long as you stick within the rules, or thereabouts, nothing dramatic will happen :) I remember taking my first tablet many moons ago, and I know how much the horror stories can put you off!

Welcome & Good Luck x

Welcome

Yes you should be able to have that gravy. don't forget though not to restrict your fat content too much as the tablets do work their best if you have some fat.

You will work out the things that personally effect you, as alot of us have found that there are certain things that are over the guidelines that we can tollerate and also other things that are under the guides that we struggle with.

Good luck with the journey though

Hi, well day 1 on xenical, bit nervous but looking forward to the rewards. I am going to have for dinner tonight, half a chicken breast, light choices carrot and swede mash and some cauliflower, now could i have some bisto gravy with that?

thanks xxx:D

PS. fifth time i have tried to post this :mad:
hi,
if it's any help i love gravy and i have quit a lot with my dinner and have no side effects;)

Welcome

don't forget though not to restrict your fat content too much as the tablets do work their best if you have some fat.

Sorry to contradict you, Jacqui but this is a myth. Xenical works the same no matter how much fat you eat. One third will be removed by the Xenical whether that is one third of loads of fat or one third of nearly fat free.

KB x

Back