Starting 27/01/2014 anyone with me?

RED6

Hi, starting Monday and will need support. If anyone else is starting their journey Monday please join in on this thread would love to have buddy to keep motivated.

I've done Cambridge before and lost a stone but since beginning of jan I've been kinda messing around with it so want to start properly on Monday, going to do ss+I also start a new job Monday but my target is my friends wedding in 7 weeks. I'm female 5ft 1inch and weight about 12stone, will weigh on Monday to get exact weight. I would love to me 10 stone.

I'm sick of being fat and can't bear another summer dreading a beautiful sunny day!

Hi Red6, good luck for starting on Monday. The way I'm challenging my demons daily is keeping my first goal my focus. Anytime I think I want to cheat I think about walking into my family party at least 3st slimmer and their reactions as they haven't seen me for months. Keep focused and you will be fine.x

Hi, I read your diary, your first message really got to me, I shouldn't really eat bread but I still eat it then i get really upset stomach and have to take pain killers. It's just mad!, bonkers!!

I'm going to try and just take it one day at a time, and I have a bad habit of weighing myself everyday, so gona give my scales to a friend to look after. When is your family party?

heyy "I'm sick of being fat and can't bear another summer dreading a beautiful sunny day!" I HEAR YOU!!!!!
i started last tuesday and just weighed in now, changing to sundays so in5/6 days i lost 8lb :) .. ive had a great first week no headaches atall and no hunger pains which is pretty good considering it is TOTM. i too have done cambridge before and starting again for the summer .. im in the 14s and really want to be at goal by the summer time! my advice to you is drink lotss and lots and lots of water .. the first 3 days i was drinkinG about 4 litres ( i do usually drink a good amount of water anyway) but i think this is why i had no headaches.. Good luck!!! :) :) :)

Hi bluedress, 8lb is excellent and not even a week.
I've been going Cambridge for the last two weeks but not properly, had some products left from last time but I was eating too much on the evenings and I was having squash in my water, so none of that this week. I think if your gona do it then do it properly. Although do u know if we can have sugar free gum? can't seem to get a clear answer on that.
What plan are you doing? I'm doing ss+, if there is one thing I can't live without its a cup of tea!!

im doing SS for a good few week im going to try 8 ( but who knows lol) ... yeah i have tried for about a day at a time but half arsed really so this time it is different for me and im glad i have lasted this long! just goin to take it a day at a time i agree it has to be 100% effort otherwise you waste your time and it makes you feel worse about everything .... as for gum i posted this the other week .. they have carbs in so although some people say that they chew gum i dont want anything to take from ketosis because i cannot deal with being hungry! http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-posts/334445-anyone-tried-slimgum-whilst-doing-ss-ss.html heres my link there are some details on there about some carb and sugar free mints on amazon i ordered. I have also started to drink copious amounts of tea aswell ive obviously stopped having sugar but if i really need something sweet i have a sweetener in it but try not to. xx

Thanks for that about the gum, think I'll leave it until I get desperate, wish I'm sure will happen.

I'm a bit nervous about starting tomorrow, I really want this to be my last first start! I'm also nervous as I start my new job tomorrow, not sure how I'm gona explain just drinking shakes.

I restarted Friday, I am very determined and focused on the short term pain for long term gain idea x

I like that, short term pain for long term gain. How much do u have to lose?

yeah thats a great saying!! .. you can definitely do it Red6 ! i am really harsh with myself, my main problem is eating out with people. my friends are constantly at the pub for food and i just have to say to myself to get the F over it that i cant eat or cant go lol just keep thinking about the time you felt the fattest/most uncomfortable in a situation and let that be a reminder.. mine was NYE .. i did feel good as i have lost alot of weight but i was out with about 10 gorgeous tiny girls and i dnt want to be the fattest one! especially not in the summer!

I know, my friends are all lovely sizes so it would be lovely not to be the big one anymore and to look forward to going to a pub garden in the summer. I've just moved next to a lush pub that's got a great garden.

5 stone, not happy I put it back on but I kept it off for 3 years no problem and then my nanna died and emotional eating just took over x

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like your back on track now.

I heard this theory that it takes about 3 months to break a habit such as using food to get through emotional pain, or when your sad/happy/angry etc you go to food which is what I do. I read an article about wearing an elastic band round your wrist and whenever you want to eat bad food because one of these emotions is effecting you. So you pull the elastic band (not too hard!!) just enough to cause a bit of pain and by doing this over a period of time your brain starts to associate bad food with pain and it makes you not want to think of that food or eat it.

Is this mad or has anyone heard this before? i just think its all good to stop eating but I have emotional issues with food ( tend to binge when life gets on top of me) so I really want to stop doing this.

I have heard of it but another way I am looking in to is 'tapping'. It's an NLP thing apparently. I am yet to read up on it but a few people I know use it for various things, weight, anxiety, smoking. It involves focusing at counting and tapping on your head and it changes your focus. I will read up on it but it has it in many a hypnotherapy book and NLP is forward and positive step. I am all for breaking bad cycles and to be fair anything that doesn't involve meds is worth a shot. Thinking if buying the Paul McKenna new book as it focuses on emotional eating rather than diet and weightloss. I know I can lose the weight it's changing my mindset and staying healthy happy calm and in control are my goals.

However I will say support from people in the same boat with the same drive is also a massive help, can't tap on the iPad while eating!!!!! Tried and failed.....hate a sticky screen lol

I watched the program paul McKenna did with the tapping, anything is worth a try if it helps us mentally to change our bad habits. I also think i gave up smoking over three years ago and I was a 20 a day smoker since my teens and haven't had one since, i found the willpower to do that so I have it in me to stop eating for two months.

So first weigh in this morning and I am 12.3 so goal is 10 stone. My journey to health and skinny jeans starts today ?

I watched the program paul McKenna did with the tapping, anything is worth a try if it helps us mentally to change our bad habits. I also think i gave up smoking over three years ago and I was a 20 a day smoker since my teens and haven't had one since, i found the willpower to do that so I have it in me to stop eating for two months.

So first weigh in this morning and I am 12.3 so goal is 10 stone. My journey to health and skinny jeans starts today ?

hey how did your first day go???

Hey bluedress, technically as I'm about to go to bed and watch a film I've done two days!! It's not been bad, haven't cheated and went for a run today. I fell determined. I'll be glad when week one is out of the way.

How are you getting on, isn't today the end of your first week, did u weigh again?

thats really good!! and even a run?!! ... today is my 9th day, i didnt re-weigh on tuesday as im changing my day to sunday so kind of hoping for a good one this sunday, even though its the 2nd week!! .. i hvent done any exercise yet my cdc said that i will lose less if i do as my body will go into starvation mode .. i understand the theory but people on the diet say otherwise .. also she seems kind of in experienced so who knows. i wil start this weekend i think and give myself something to do! (sad!! never thought idh ave to say that for a weekend)

I think if I can keep exercising then ill be able to maintain my weight better. I'm really not looking forward to the weekend, I'm going to a house party Saturday and dreading it. I'm just gona bring some coke zeros and put them in a wine glass. I'm hoping people will get drunk and not notice when I slip out early.

Just think, we dread the weekends now but soon we'll look forward to them x

Back