Starting advice please!!!

MyLastDietEver

I was due to start yesterday but have been struck down with a horrible tummy bug since Saturday. Starting to feel a bit better today and have managed to keep down plenty of fluids and one slice of toast.
Having done Atkins and other vlcd before I know how hard the first 3 days are until I go into ketosis.
My question then is should I take what has already been a hellish few days and go straight on exante instead of food (I'm doing porridge, bars and carbonara not liquid version) or eat normally for a couple of days to get some strength back but then have to go through feeling lousy for days again when i start????
Im also planning on doing working solution at the weekend for my sanity and so I can still have a meal with my hubby so maybe I should start with that as a happy medium?....

Ps I know it's all water weight and shouldn't even be thinking about it but the eternal dieter in me couldn't resist and I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 6lbs

tbh I would jump straight in and see the 6lb already lost as a bonus! but that's just me, eternal dieter no.2! the meal replacements are supposed to give us all the nutrients we need, I reckon I'm getting a healthier intake than I used to, after all I'm 5 stone overweight for eating junk not brocolli and fish!

Hiya!!

So glad to hear your feeling a bit better =)

I would jump straight in to be honest! Your body is already used to not having much food in you and as said above me you will be getting 100% of your daily nutrient requirement from the packs which is probably more than what you will get from eating normal food so it will probably make you feel better than eating =)

Thanks! Thought I was being swayed by the lower number on the scale. My hubby is insisting I eat more toast today and some sugary tea but think I'll start on the porridge tomorrow

Yeah definitely enjoy today and get some strength back into you and straight into the diet tomorrow x

Thanks Chelly! How's your fiancé doing?

He seems better because he wanted kisses and cuddles last night... Lol so that's how I can kinda tell he's not feeling sick anymore lol! But he's playing on it and saying his tummy still hurts lol

Typical man lol

Tell me about it lol! He's back in work today but said he will leave if he feels bad again ~ so I'm just waiting on the "I'm just back in my room now might play on my PlayStation for a while" text haha

Think he may be my hubby's long lost twin brother :)

I spent a couple days before I started this doing my 5:2 diet style 'fasting' (something I plan to go back to once I shift the bulk of the weight with Exante) and it really helped with the first few days. I didn't really get headaches or anything, the worst I had was being cold, but that's more the ketosis kicking in than anything.

Had porridge for breakfast and lunch and carbonara for dinner with some chicken and green beans. Kept hubby happy and only added 150 cals and less than 10g of carbs. Think I made right decision to start straight on diet as I'm usually climbing the walls by this time on day 1 and tonight I'm absolutely fine :)

Well done!! Yep and aslong as you stick to the high protein stuff you should be grand for getting into ketosis!! Well done =)

Back