Starting again..!

Deej75

Well, the packs have arrived so no excuse not to start on Wednesday!

Lost 7st in 2008/9 using LL and had a few months on Cambridge / Exante over the following years to lose the gains, although now I have 6 of the 7st to lose again (lost 1 on SW over the last few months).

Have holiday booked to Dubai in early November so would like to try and lose 2st before then!

Have a couple of social do's in the next couple of months, but happy to have a day or two off and will try to be strict and get straight back on.

Have never been a real fan of the savoury soups, so have ordered just shakes and bars for the first 4 weeks - some lovely looking new flavours since I last did the plan in 2012 :)

Weigh-ins will be Wednesday - please keep your fingers crossed! xx

Hiya, welcome to the forum! Firstly congratulations on the 7 stone weight loss - that's amazing. I am sure that the weight will fall off you again and you know a vlcd works for you already! You have done it a few times already and you can do it again

Good luck for your Wednesday weigh in! I am sure you will smash it! x

Hiya, welcome to the forum! Firstly congratulations on the 7 stone weight loss - that's amazing. I am sure that the weight will fall off you again and you know a vlcd works for you already! You have done it a few times already and you can do it again

Good luck for your Wednesday weigh in! I am sure you will smash it! x

Thank you Hun! I'm feeling positive at the moment and just looking forward to when I'm in ketosis so that the dreaded hunger goes away!! xxx

Have started this morning! Had a honeycombe shake and doubled the water to kick start the fluid intake! Not bad at all.... I have my Hydratem8 water bottle to take to work, so will try and drink at least 2 of those (each 900ml) during the day and then another this evening with a few black coffees throughout the day. Feeling positive so far! x

Last edited:
First day done 100% ☺️

Honeycombe shake
Lemon bar
White choc & raspberry shake
c. 3 litres of water plus coffees (...and numerous toilet trips !)

Had to resist temptation and identified the usual snack traps - whilst making the kids' lunches for tomorrow and preparing DH's dinner, my mouth was watering!! ...and then watching Bake Off!

Feeling hungry now but know this will be gone when in ketosis. Am a little worried for tomorrow, as usually feeling a bit rubbish on day 2, but water will be my friend tomorrow and may even treat myself to a Coke Zero!

Am missing a savoury hit so have ordered some Exante Dahl pots, noodles, spag bol etc to try and mix it up a bit (pick & mix offer now on for £1 each). I'm hopeful that they won't be as bad as some of the soups used to be

May have to have an early night, away from the kitchen and it's dangerous cupboards!

Day two went fine, although cooking dinner was quite tough - 3l water, vanilla shake with an espresso popped in, cherry & almond bar (not a big fan ) and then choc & mint shake. Was desperate for a mid afternoon savoury hit, so had half a teaspoon of bovril in hot water (which I'm pretty sure is allowed??!).

Bit of a headache this am (start of day 3) but the worst part of this diet is that constant awful taste in your mouth - I'm hoping this is a sign of ketosis as well as aftertaste of the products?! May have a sneaky weigh tomorrow am to keep me motivated!

Onwards and downwards xx

My savoury packs arrived today, so just trying out the Indian Dahl pot for lunch - struggling to eat it if I'm honest

I think all the products have this taste that takes me back to my 7 months on LL and maybe remind me that all that hard work 7 years ago has been for nothing, as I'm now trying to take off a large chunk (the majority) of the weight I lost years ago.

As you can tell, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today!! Think I've had a mild head cold for the last few days and the usual joys of Saturday AMs with kids/homework/laundry etc is not making me feel that high on life and not that great to live with!.... Especially when there isn't yummy food to make me feel better!! Probably hit the nail on the head there?!

I know I have to stick with this and I will do TS for the first 7 days and hopefully longer - just need to kick myself up the bum and get on with it! xx

Yesterday was pretty tough and felt really miserable.... But have woken up feeling more positive (thank goodness!!)

I've just had a sneaky weigh too, just to add some motivation and 6 1/2lb down in 4 TS days - pleased with that!

Now - where's that water?!

I'm on a similar journey to, having lost some weight a few years ago on cd but now back to square one plus a few more squares....

I guess we will all go through this journey of where we get fed up and struggle but success was never gonna be straight forward is what I'm telling myself.

I'm trying to just focus on the end goal which will be a healthier and happier me ...

Good luck to you

Thank you!

I'll probably get kicked out for this comment, but I'm afraid I've changed from TS to Exante and low carb/low cal diet - after all that! I'm having the shakes & bars for brekkie and maybe lunch and then sticking to low carb meals for dinner.

I think the final straw was tasting the sweet & sour pack Whilst I'm unhappy being overweight, I've realised that unfortunately TS is not for me.

Wishing you lots of luck and please stick with it, as it really works if you can commit and have the will power x.

Back