Starting again!

Anna24_bel

Hi Everyone,

I'm Isabella and I've just started 'Slimming World Online' this week. I have a big problem with binge eating but found Slimming World (Meetings) helpful in the past so I'm hoping to lose again!

My weight is the highest it has ever been at 14st 5 (size 18). A year ago I was 12st 5 and the year before that I was 10st 6 but I've had a really difficult few years! I now have 70lbs to lose!

I will be weighing daily and updating. I have a particular problem with bingeing on sweets, crisps and cakes so I am hoping that by going back on S.W. I will get out of the habit but I think I will probably have the occasional 'Flexible Syns' day.

Here is my food & activity record for today:
Breakfast: Egg on toast (Healthy Extra)
Lunch: Baked beans and sweetcorn on toast
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese with spinach
Dessert: Ice cream (I'm not sure of the syns for vanilla ice cream [it says 80 calories for two scoops])

The only way I'm going to slim down this time is to keep updating on here! I would love to hear from other Slimming Worlders!

Last edited:
Hi Isabelle! Welcome back to Slimming World!!

I think your determination is fantastic and sounds like your really on it but I'd suggest weighing weekly as opposed to daily. Daily weigh ins can get really disheartening if you don't see results every day whereas with a weekly weigh in you're more likely to see the difference a week of being on plan has made. I've tried daily weigh in on previous weight loss attempts and quickly gotten annoyed and given up so just a suggestion coming from someone who had to learn the hard way

Excited to see your progress!! :)

Hi Isabelle! Welcome back to Slimming World!!

I think your determination is fantastic and sounds like your really on it but I'd suggest weighing weekly as opposed to daily. Daily weigh ins can get really disheartening if you don't see results every day whereas with a weekly weigh in you're more likely to see the difference a week of being on plan has made. I've tried daily weigh in on previous weight loss attempts and quickly gotten annoyed and given up so just a suggestion coming from someone who had to learn the hard way

Excited to see your progress!! :)

Thank you Determined One!

It's so inspiring to see your awards! Did you lose all that weight since January this year? (amazing!!). I would love to copy your weight loss record! Have you managed to stick to plan every week? Do you tend to eat syns every day or do you try to stay away from treats?

I will consider reducing how often I weigh myself as it is easy to get a bit depressed by it and there are always hormonal fluctuations etc!

Food for today:
Brunch: Eggs on toast (Healthy Extra B) with lots of coffee!
Dinner: Salmon with a jacket potato, peas, sweetcorn, spinach and carrots.
Dessert: Strawberries with two scoops of reduced fat vanilla ice cream (3 syns or can I count this as my Healthy Extra A?! lol!)

Activity: Two 30-min dog walks
No run (I usually run daily) because I have a sore foot!

Thank you Determined One!

It's so inspiring to see your awards! Did you lose all that weight since January this year? (amazing!!). I would love to copy your weight loss record! Have you managed to stick to plan every week? Do you tend to eat syns every day or do you try to stay away from treats?

Thank you! Yes the weight i've lost so far has all been since starting my journey in January of this year! I've not been off plan once since starting. Had one night out where I went over on syns (curse you alcohol) so just compensated by not having syns for the next 2 days and it had no effect on my weight loss for that week I'm happy to report. I do eat syns every day but try and keep it between 5-10 and very rarely use all 15. Don't think I could stay on plan as strictly as I have done if not for the occasional kit kat haha!

Wow, that's amazing! Well done- I wish I was as determined! Are there any mental strategies you use when you're craving chocolate/crisps or are you not much of a snacker?

I have had just over 15 syns each day so far this week but I have a problem with binge-eating (which is why I put on 4 stone so rapidly) so I'm going to allow myself to go over occasionally, without thinking 'screw it' and starting again!

I got a new S.W. Journal yesterday so I'm hoping that will help me to stay on track.
Today's Food:
Breakfast: Egg and Baked beans. Glass of Orange Juice (need to record syns)
Lunch: Toast (HE-B) with 15g low fat cheese (1/2 HE-A)
Snack: Peas & sweetcorn (I felt ravenous so decided to snack on veggies)
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese with salad/spinach (if we have any- must check!)
Dessert: Maltesers

Exercise:
Two Dog walks
I'm hopefully going to re-start running tomorrow.

Weight: 14st 1.5

I had too many syns today- I started with half a scone for breakfast, which was silly. (7 syns)
Lunch: Chicken & spinach salad
Snacks: Cheese on toast (HEA&B); handful of cherries and blueberries
Dinner: Eggs, bacon, beans, tomato and mushrooms
Dessert: Maltesers - 9.5 syns

Exercise: Two dog walks (went for first run in a fortnight yesterday and will run again tomorrow)

Back