Starting all over again... SW

Xandielou

A year and a half ago I reached my target weight using Slimming World, going to the classes. I started out at 11st 10lb (after the birth of my son I was quite inactive due to a c-section) and got down to a realistic 9st 10lb (I am 5'7").

Since then the weight has sneaked back on as I haven't been going to group, and to be honest, I can't attend at the moment due to a hectic schedule. So I am once again going to attempt to get back to my target weight using my handbooks at home.

I have weighed myself this morning and I am 11st 4lb, so I haven't put it all back on, but it's only a matter of time!

I have attempted to restart several times and failed but this time I have my husband on board as he wants to lose his belly! (I can't do much about his daily meals as he uses the works canteen (I could give him a list I suppose!)

I will update throughout the day so I can keep a track on myself and hopefully read some inspiring stories. Facebook used to be permanently on in the background while I work, now it will be this site!

Day 1. Monday 16th April 2013,

Early Breakfast: Banana drowned in Strawberry Mullerlite yoghurt.
11ses: Hard Boiled egg & 1% Mugshot
Lunch: Leftover Lean Pork, new pots, lots of cauli & carrots (no gravy!)
Afternoon: A few grapes and an orange.
Evening Meal: Lean ham & caulifower omelette with 0% fat cottage cheese
Supper: 2 sml wholemeal spread with light dairylea (HEA & B)
35ml shot of Jim Beam over ice - 4 syns

Pleased with my diet day today (except I did vouch that I wouldn't drink this week!) I will try and find an alternative syn to enjoy tomorrow night I think!

Last edited:
Day 2

I always find it helpful to weigh myself on the second day to check that I am on the right path (I ate a lot of food yesterday and am forever amazed that this is possible on Slimming World!)

Pleased to note that I have had a loss, not quite a 1lb (I use the Wii as my weigh in scales) but the graph is going in the right direction and I find that inspirational.

Breakfast: half tin baked beans mixed with 1 mushroom & 1 tomato (microwaved) + 0% cottage cheese
Lunch: 50g (uncooked weight) wholemeal pasta with sweetcorn & pilchards (strong but tasty!)
Afternoon: Banana, Orange, Grapes, Muller lite yog.
Evening meal: Lean minced beef chilli con carne packed with veggies and haricot beans, with rice, potatoes & salad.
Supper: 2 sml wholemeal bread with peanut butter (HEB + 8 syns)
1 shot whisky (oops) 4 syns.

Last edited:
Wednesday Day 3
Breakfast: Banana & Mullerlite
Lunch: Lean Minced Beef Chilli Con Carne & Rice (leftover)
Early Dinner: Pasta with remaining chilli & green salad
Supper: Mullerlite then Toast with peanut butter
NO Alcohol! :-D

Thursday Day 4
Breakfast: Banana & Mullerlite
Early lunch: 50g (uncooked weight) wholemeal pasta with lean ham, sweetcorn & tomato
1% Mug Shot
Afternoon: Orange, Grapes, Mullerlite
Tea: lean ham & pepper Frittata

Last edited:
Friday 19th
Breakfast
Beans, Mushrooms, Tomatoes (superfree/syn free (no oils used)
Lunch:
Vegetable curry & rice (completely superfree/syn-free as no oils or coconut used) - made this using all the leftover vegetables in my fridge/larder - consisted of Potato, Sweet Potato, Caulifower, Peppers, Mushrooms, Carrots, Celery, Tinned Tomatoes, Spices & Vegetable stock using Oxo. Delicious!
Tea:
Beef Madras & rice made as per Curry Heaven recipe but with an added tin of tomatoes to give it more depth, the husband and teen love this. Made them all lunch time so very full flavour using lean stewing steak.

Evening: Wine and snacks.... very bad.

Completely forgot the weekend but there were some bad decisions made (Pub trip, lunch at Mums etc..)

Weigh in this morning... back to square one 11st 3lb.

Plan for the week ahead. I need to find an alternative routine for the evenings. We are so busy that we tend to fall into the 9'o'clock = wine'o'clock trap. And with wine always follows the nibbles.

I am so good through the day, I can manage and actually enjoy my food, creating new ideas etc.

How do others tackle the evenings? I will go and investigate some other threads. Something to note though, there are no snacks in the house now so anyone who wants some will have to go out and buy them themselves as I have done the weekly shop and purposely not bought any!

Ooh actually noticed I started on 11st 4lb so I have actually lost 1lb! All is not bad!

Monday 22nd - Going for a green day as it is Earth Day!
Breakfast: Beans, Tomato, Mushrooms.
Lunch: Tuna & Haricot Bean Pasta (Tuna in springwater, Haricot Beans in water, Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Oxo Chicken Stock, Seasoning) - (Free on EE)
Pear, Orange, 0% fat yoghurt
Tea: Homemade vegetable savoury rice with dollop of mango chutney (syn)
Supper: HEa&b: 2 slices sml wholemeal with light dairylea spread

Last edited:
Breakfast: Egg fried rice (using some leftover rice & scrambled egg & mushroom, no fat)
11ses: 1% Mug Shot
Lunch: Savoury rice with small dollop mango chutney, pear, grapes, banana
Tea: Mushy Pea Curry (from another forum thread - very nice!)
Supper: HEa&b Wholemeal Toast & Laughing Cow Light spread
2 glasses wine (142ml) (10 Syns)

Last edited:
Breakfast: Banana, Beans, 0% fat Cottage Cheese
Elevenses: Oxo (as a drink)
Lunch: Leftover Mushy Pea Curry with some pasta
Afternoon: 2 x 0% fat yoghurt (Muller Greek style) & bunch of grapes
Tea: Ham & Pepper Frittata
Supper: HEa&b Wholemeal Toast & Light Laughing cow
2 glasses wine (10 syns)
1pk McCoy crisps (8.5 syns) won't be having those again!!

Last edited:
Thursday 25th April

Breakfast: Lean Ham, 4 small new potatoes (with skin) & 0% fat cottage cheese. (leftover from last night's family tea)
Lunch: Curried noodles (homemade using syn free noodles)
Afternoon:Banana
Tea: Homemade Mushroom Rice & Lean Ham
Supper: HEa&b Wholemeal toast and light laughing cow
2 glasses wine + 1 pack crisps (see how easy it is to fall into this trap - I wasn't even hungry)
Fed up.

Last edited:
Friday 26th April - missed my fruit intake yesterday due to being so busy, must have it today.
Breakfast: Ham Omelette
Lunch: Ham & Mushroom/Veggie Rice
Afternoon: Orange, Banana, Pear, 0% fat yoghurt
Tea: Syn free spicy meat & salad

Last edited:
Thank you xx I have up days and down days like everyone I guess. Today is a positive day so I am going to make a friday night curry and have it later in the evening so I am less likely to want to snack. I don't have a sweet tooth but I do have a massive savoury tooth!
Friday
Beans, Mushrooms Tomatoes
Lunch: 1% Mug shot, Banana, Orange, Apple, 0% yog
Tea: SW Chicken Jalfrezi with rice
2 glasses wine

Last edited:
Thank you! It was not too bad actually!

Tonight I have made two different curries, both syn free on Extra Easy so I will not need to snack! Will update my food diary tomorrow, have kept a written record today.

Saturday
Beans, Mushrooms & Tomatoes
Latte Coffee in town (not good but don't like other peoples tea!)
Wholemeal Ham & Emmental Sandwich
Tea: SW Beef Madras/SW Veggie Curry with boiled rice & a couple of bites of Naan bread (syns)
2 glasses wine

Last edited:
Sunday
Beans Mushrooms & Tomatoes (repetetive but sets you up for the whole morning!)
Roast Chicken with SW Roast Potatoes, Cottage Cheese, Salad, Beetroot etc..
Leftover Veg curry at night

Monday 29th April
Breakfast: Beans Mushrooms Tomatoes
Lunch: 1% Mug shot, Banana, Orange, Apple
Tea: Lean ham, Homemade savoury rice, home made pasta salad.
Supper: 2 slices wholemeal & laughing cow light HEa&b
No Syns today.

Tuesday 30th April
Breakfast: Leftover Savoury Rice
Lunch: Syn free pasta with lean ham & veggies
Tea: Cottage Cheese, Salad, Beetroot, Lean Ham
Supper: 2 slices wholemeal with laughing cow.
No Syns today!

Wednesday 1st May
Did a quick weigh in this morning and so glad I did, I have lost a 1lb over the last couple of days and that has put me in a very positive mood!
Breakfast: 0% Cottage cheese, beans, beetroot
Lunch: 1% Mugshot, Banana, Apple, Orange
Tea: SW Pasta Bolognese, using lean minced beef (all fat drained off) & lots of veg.
Supper: 2 slices small Wholemeal with light laughing cow
Small Jim Beam

Last edited:
Back