• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

starting atkins today!!!!

LisaLisa

Silver Member
i have done LipoTrim since June last year, got down to 9st 2lbs and BMI 23 by October - total loss of 4.5 stone. My target was always to be 8st 7lbs - never quite got there with one thing or another. Since then i have been watching what i have eaten and drank, have gained 1st and 1.25lbs. I have decided to do atkins now, which i did many moons ago and lost 3 st with [put it all back on when i was laid up after an operation].

I just wanted to say hi, introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I will be back in work on monday after the xmas/new year break - i dont mind having boiled egg and bacon while at home or on weekends but during the week it just isnt feasable. I remember i used to cook a chicken breast the night b4 and have that cold for brekkie the following day - and i may well do that again. I was just wondering if you can have the sugar free jelly and cream for brekkie whilst on induction or do u have to wait for owl?

The rest of the days meals are easy peasy lemon squeezy, its just brekkie i have probs with. I have made the crustless quiches b4 now - but not really into that much egg n cheese first thing in a morning - i know, i know, i am a pain in the ass :D

Just wondered if anyone had an alternative brekkie ideas i could pinch

L xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

ZoBo

Silver Member
S: 11st4lb G: 9st0lb
Hi Lisa

I've been on CD since september & lost 22lb. I've got 10lb to get to 9stone, which is my initial goal.
I'm 5ft 2 & before I had babies was between 7st 7lb and 8 stone.
I'd like to be about 8 st 7lb, so am going to see how I feel when I get to 9stone & take it from there.
I've tried to re start after christmas on cd but cannot do it so am doing Atkins. I love it 7 find it very easy to do.

Yes you can have sf jelly on induction. Plus for breakfast I have oopsie rolls, they are brill. You can take a couple to work with you with some cooked bacon & have a bacon sandwich. Yummy!

The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: The Sailor Scouts make my Revol-oopsie rolls! Here is the link

Good luck with Atkins. x

LisaLisa

Silver Member
wow thanks for that link - there are loads of things on there i will be trying!!

L x

i have done LipoTrim since June last year, got down to 9st 2lbs and BMI 23 by October - total loss of 4.5 stone. My target was always to be 8st 7lbs - never quite got there with one thing or another. Since then i have been watching what i have eaten and drank, have gained 1st and 1.25lbs. I have decided to do atkins now, which i did many moons ago and lost 3 st with [put it all back on when i was laid up after an operation].

I just wanted to say hi, introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I will be back in work on monday after the xmas/new year break - i dont mind having boiled egg and bacon while at home or on weekends but during the week it just isnt feasable. I remember i used to cook a chicken breast the night b4 and have that cold for brekkie the following day - and i may well do that again. I was just wondering if you can have the sugar free jelly and cream for brekkie whilst on induction or do u have to wait for owl?

The rest of the days meals are easy peasy lemon squeezy, its just brekkie i have probs with. I have made the crustless quiches b4 now - but not really into that much egg n cheese first thing in a morning - i know, i know, i am a pain in the ass :D

Just wondered if anyone had an alternative brekkie ideas i could pinch

L xx
Hi,
I tried Atkins a few years ago and successfully lost 3 1/2 stone (all back on, plus more, now, regretably).
I liked this to start with and it really seemed to suit me but eventually, boredom set in. I started to crave fruit and veg ??!!!
Like you, breakfast was a struggle for me. Fine if you've got time for bacon and egg before work but unfortunately, I don't. I used to cook chicken wings the night before and eat them.
Hope you manage to find a solution to your problem. :)

LisaLisa

Silver Member
hey guys and gals!!

my first day went like this...

woke up, went food shopping, got home and made a orange sugarfree jelly and a pork cassarole [pork steaks, half an onion, 5 mushrooms, handful of peas and handful of carrots, one veggie stock cube] all bunged in the slow cooker for todays tea. I know peas and carrots aint really the veg of choice on atkins but i was gettng rid of the left overs from my freezer :)

08/01/09 menu with estimated carb count:

waferthin chicken with lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes, cucumber and a splash of balsamic vinegar - 3 carbs

one bratwurst sausage [microwaved] - 1carb

smoked bacon lardons, mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 eggs fried in olive oil - 5 carbs

2 decafe coffees with cream - 2 carbs

jelly with 2tablespoons of cream - 3 carbs

2 litres of water

total[ish] carb count = 14 carbs - if i have been conservative with my estimates i have 6 carbs to play with!!!

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Silver Member
09/01/09 menu plans

brekkie - 2 microwaved bratwurst sausages, coffee and cream - 3 carbs
lunch - waferthin chicken salad with balsamic vinegar - 3 carbs
tea - pork cassarole, coffee and cream - 6 carbs

jelly and cream - 3 carbs

2 litres of water

total carb count - 15 carbs

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Lisa,

welcome to Atkins.

4 cherry tomatoes
Hmm. interesting I notice a discrepancy between the original Atkins book in '72 and the current ones.

Tomato's were a no no on induction in the original book, also all mention of SF/LC was prohibited during induction, later versions of the book allow these, but I feel that may have been more a commercial decision to help their sales.

LisaLisa

Silver Member
:eek: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no cherry toms or sf jelly!!!!

bloody nora and her sisters!!

ok will get rid of sf and toms from tomorrow :cry:

ta Jim

No worries love. Any questions give me a shout, I've been doing Atkins for so long it's a natural with me now :)

If you are a purist like me 'fraid so Strawberry.

Having said that, if it stops you going off the deep end and stuffing your face with cake, then preferably the jelly.

Afraid not Strawberry, I'm not a sweet toothed person, I'd rather eat the meat and cheese thanks ;)