Starting Cambridge.. 1st meeting with counsellor this Thursday!

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hello everyone :)
I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to give the Cambridge diet a whirl.. After reading so many reviews, mainly good, and seeing some of the amazing before & after photos on this forum, I've decided to give it a go myself :)

One question.. I have my first meeting with the counsellor this Thursday, what exactly goes on in the first meeting? & how soon do I get my products in order to make a start?

I really don't wanna wait around to start.. I need to shift this weight! :( x

laurenmay said:
I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to give the Cambridge diet a whirl.. After reading so many reviews, mainly good, and seeing some of the amazing before & after photos on this forum, I've decided to give it a go myself :)

One question.. I have my first meeting with the counsellor this Thursday, what exactly goes on in the first meeting? & how soon do I get my products in order to make a start?

All my first meeting was an introduction and weighing and measuring then buying the products and then on u go shud be able to start thurs/ fri depending on what u want I went weds and started thurs and had a chippy meal on weds night as one last blow out cos I knew I Wudnt be eating anything for a long time lol

Hello :)

I'm hoping to start Friday, cause I'm due to have a boob job six weeks this Friday so wanna lose as much weight as possible before that! Just worried about not being able to drink flavoured waters, cause I bloody hate normal tap or bottled water :( eeeeek!

laurenmay said:
Hello :)

I'm hoping to start Friday, cause I'm due to have a boob job six weeks this Friday so wanna lose as much weight as possible before that! Just worried about not being able to drink flavoured waters, cause I bloody hate normal tap or bottled water :( eeeeek!

They give u stuff for water but usually not till 2nd or 3rd week I think

you should be able to start friday, I was worried about the water too but I was so determined to do this diet I have managed to do it. Good Luck hun

laurenmay said:

Hey good luck with your journey. You'll be able to start straight away. Cut your carbs out now though will make the transition easier. Tesco sell a strawberry water that you can have. As long as there's no citric acid you should be fine x

Oooh I hope so! One thing I can't bare is normal water & I think I'd find it difficult to meet the 2.25litres a day if I had to drink it... Thank you everyone :)

I have a meal replacement shake at home which is low carbs and high protein, do you think it's worth drinking about 3 or 4 shakes of that tomorrow along with skimmed milk & maybe all bran if really hungry so that Friday isn't as much of a shock to the system? x

laurenmay said:
Oooh I hope so! One thing I can't bare is normal water & I think I'd find it difficult to meet the 2.25litres a day if I had to drink it... Thank you everyone :)

I have a meal replacement shake at home which is low carbs and high protein, do you think it's worth drinking about 3 or 4 shakes of that tomorrow along with skimmed milk & maybe all bran if really hungry so that Friday isn't as much of a shock to the system? x

2.25?? It should be 3.5litre minimum hun. Personally id just cut your carbs out now. It's the carbs that make it hard so cut those out and have protein and veg for the next few days and the transition will be loads easier xxx

Good luck Lauren definately a good tip to not have any carbs today! But you will still find it tough so make sure you have a lazy weekend!! :) I started last fri and spent most of weekend in bed! Last 3days have felt fab though! I've lost 9lb so far!
Good luck again keep us posted. X

I think I'll be eating my body weight in carbs and sugary things tonight just to have one last blow out and enjoy myself before the big diet starts tomorrow! :) i have work tomorrow but then off till Monday so will do my best to laze about all weekend to get over the worst of the first few days :) x

I go to meet my consultant tomorrow to start, I need to shift this weight and have tried loads of diets, my problem is I just love food too much so I'm gonna try my best on this diet to shift as much as I can because my cousin done it and lost loads of weight and looks gorgeous, lost her baby belly and everything, has anyone got any tips to help me stay on track? And what's the best shakes to get? Any one recommend the porridge or bars? X

kristin said:
I go to meet my consultant tomorrow to start, I need to shift this weight and have tried loads of diets, my problem is I just love food too much so I'm gonna try my best on this diet to shift as much as I can because my cousin done it and lost loads of weight and looks gorgeous, lost her baby belly and everything, has anyone got any tips to help me stay on track? And what's the best shakes to get? Any one recommend the porridge or bars? X

Hi Kristin :)

I not long got back from the first meeting with my counsellor, she's lovely and made it all seem so easy! I'm doing the SS+ plan on step 1, so I'll be having 3 CD shakes a day along with a low 200 calorie meal.. I didn't choose any soups, porridge or bars.. I don't think I'll like the soup or porridge so it's shakes for me! & I got chocolate mint, strawberry and cappuccino :)

Hope you're meeting goes well tomorrow! x

I love the original porridge and chicken n mush soup xx

Back