Starting Cambridge Diet Step 3

Hiya

I have been on the Cambridge diet before but only a short time. But this time I am sticking with it!
I am so huge at the moment, size 30UK bottom and 30UK top.

Last time I was on it, on the Step 3, I lost 10lb on the first week, hoping for the same again! or at least 7lb or 8lb.
My Counsellor comes on Friday with My shakes and bars, and that dreaded weigh up, but at least I know! it will be the last time I see that weight, so I can kiss it bye bye!.

I actually can not wait to start again. I will be able to stick to it longer this time, as I enjoyed the diet before, but couldn't afford it.

Roll on Saturday! so I can begin....

I think I will try and keep this as a little diary, and keep adding to it :).

Thanks if anyone reads. And If anyone wants to have a buddy doing Cambridge Step 3 please let me know, as it would be wonderful to have a buddy to take to :)

xxx

Hey!! I'm doing step 3!! There are a few of us. We usually post in the 1000-maintenance section. Drop us a message in there, we're more likely to see it! Good luck!

HI Lady and welcome, really hope your CD journey is successful. Im on the 1200 plan coz of medication and in 6wks ive lost 18lbs which i'm over the moon with. Ive been following a very low carb plan with the foods i'm eating to maybe enable a lil bit of Ketosis and aside from an occasional grumbly tummy ive not had any cravings for treats etc.

Will keep an eye out for your updates xx

Aww well done with your weight losses! That's fantastic, i was thinking cytting down ir out, bread potatoes etc and having salad and chicken etc, i love my salads which is a little ironic givin the size i am lol.
Will keep a look out for you to. Thanks xx

If you're anything like me lady you'll crave carbs, im like a carb beast when i eat bread and potatoes etc but always feel so so much better when i cut them out of my diet. You'd be amazed what has carbs in it. Pre packed cooked chicken would you believe it has 0.4g of carbs per 100g, i know it's not a lot but it's chicken for goodness sake lol!! Yes ive been living off salads as my veg but broccoli is very low carb and full of vitamins too. I made a tuna steak for tea tonight with veg and last night we had cod fillet and the night before seabass (went a bit mad on fish and it was all we had in). Tomorrow i'm doing chicken stuffed with cheese with grilled bacon on top. Hope you're first few days are temptation free xx

I also love my carb food especially pizza lol which is a no no lol.
I see my counsellor tomorrow and will get started Saturday. I can't wait! Lol
Thank you :) hope keep up the brill losses to your doing great! Xx

Ooooh best of luck for starting on Sat then, first few days are the hardest but once you get over them you'll be just fine. A lot of it does come down to psychological urges, i often find after a stressful day i crave the warmth and comfort of stodgy foods and used to just shovel them in (sounds repulsive) until i was stuffed to bursting. Since ive been on this plan, id say after first 3 weeks, i found i wasnt physically craving any foods and i can only put that down to having all the nutrition from the shakes/bars so my body isnt lacking anything. I still get the days when im emotionally craving food but ive been getting my water out and doing something to distract myself. Obviously everyone is different and some people might be horrified by the idea but i always have planned treat meals then theres no guilt associated and after a stressful week i know i can hang on because i'm say having a treat on a friday. Havent planned one this week though and dont feel the urge for one either but i am going out for a meal on Monday but planning to have a mixed grill with salad so it'll be carb free :)

Back